Too good to be true

Flashback:

Sherlock woke to find himself lying on the sofa with a blanket thrown over him, his head was also laying on something soft. He opened his eyes to see John lying back into the settee with his eyes closed.

Sherlock could feel a weight on his stomach and noticed Johns hand laying on him protectively, he could also feel Johns other hand laying under his head supporting it from falling. His own arms had wrapped up near his face, one holding onto Johns jumper weakly in a balled up fist. Sherlock smiled to himself and closed his eyes again just as John lifted his hand from Sherlocks stomach and poked him gently on the nose.

"I know you arnt sleeping Sherlock" John said playfully, leaning Sherlock into a sitting position after gently ruffling his curls. Sherlock groaned but sat up against the sofa stretching his long limbs and then huddling into a ball with his knees up by his chest and his head tucked into his lap.

Sherlock felt something tug gently at his jacket pulling him upright so he was now standing face to face with John. John grinned devilishly before pulling Sherlock towards him and kissing him, Sherlock was shocked as he felt Johns hands holding his hips firmly pulling him closer.

Sherlock stood frozen as John raised his hands up Sherlocks sides and down again, Sherlock kissed back, his hands rising to tangle themselves in Johns short hair, but then it all began to fade and Sherlock opened his eyes to find himself huddled back on the settee as he was before he started dreaming.

He thought that dream was too good to be true, somehow he had developed "feelings" for the doctor, but he figured they would never be returned so he pushed the thoughts aside and looked around him to see a brew sitting in front of him in a mug on the coffee table. He looked around to see where John was and could distantly hear the shower running. He leaned forward and took a gulp of the steaming tea, burning his throat on the way down.

He was going to hide these feelings, he couldn't let them show, so he wouldn't and he would continue to live in Johns care unless by some terrible unfortunate coincidence something changed that.

John came out the bathroom after a while, he was wearing a loose blue plaid shirt, with dark blue jeans and blue vans. Sherlock smiled up at him and John happily returned it.

"So, how you feeling?" John asked, crouching down to the detective and sitting in front of him.

"Good" Sherlock assured.

"No your not, I know your ribs are still hurting you, I need to check if they are healing properly anyway so--" John told him, gently undoing Sherlocks jumper to reveal the bare skin underneif. Sherlock shuddered as the cold air enclosed the skin that had been covered by the jumper.

"You feeling any better today?" John asked as he reached his hand towards the bandages and gently pressed on the bones to see how they were doing.

"Yeah" Sherlock said through clenched teeth as a sudden surge of pain pulsed through him from where John had just pressed.

"Right, that's enough of a reaction, I'm gonna check it properly, lean back" John told him pushing Sherlock gently into a lying position on the sofa. Sherlock sighed slightly but complied to Johns instruction and stayed lying down.

John undid the bandage slowly, careful to not hurt him further and felt around Sherlocks ribs again, holding one of Sherlocks hand in the other, waiting for any possible reflexes. John received the normal reactions from Sherlock showing that his health had improved.

"I think your ribs are healing fine" John informed him, "I'm gonna check your cuts, okay?" Sherlock nodded as John began to remove the patches and bandaging that hid the cuts on his skin.

John gently ran a finger over a scab that had formed over one of the cuts, Sherlock winced slightly but stayed calm. John covered up the cuts with cream and more bandages for the worst ones, once he was done he gently ran a hand over Sherlocks bare torso causing Sherlock to shiver slightly.

"It's hard to not show feelings to him when he's in doctor mode" Sherlock thought to himself, shivering as the doctor ran a hand over his bare torso checking for any other injuries.

John finished examining and stood up, he then pulled Sherlock upright and buttoned up the detectives jumper so that Sherlock instantly felt warmth again. John then proceeded to sit down next to Sherlock and finish his tea before moving over to the kitchen to cook breakfast.