Chapter 6

Luffy

After Luffy had broken out he had started running, trying to find Torao so they could get back to his nakama. The problem was, he wasn't sure where he was, that only troubled Luffy for a few seconds before he shrugged and just ran in a random direction.

Luffy had been running for only several minutes before he skidded to a stop outside of a particularly large archway. Inside was a fully furnished kitchen, but the only thing Luffy saw was the set of large chrome doors that he knew held food, and hopefully, meat. Luffy's eyes sparkled and all previous searching for Law or his nakama was forgotten at the prospect of food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Law

The hallway echoed with the sound of quiet footsteps as he followed the sound of Luffy's shouting. He continued on until suddenly, they stopped. Law sighed and followed to where he heard Luffy last, he concluded that Luffy had either found trouble or food. Since there hadn't been any loud noises again, he assumed the latter.

As he was walking, the surgeon of death attempted to search his memories to figure out how they got here and most importantly where here was. It was most likely an isolated island that didn't get the news and wasn't affiliated with the marines since he wasn't in sea stone cuffs. Though wherever here was,it was incredibly technologically advanced. Pretty much, he had absolutely no idea where he was or how he got here. He had to find Luffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton (before they escaped)

Natasha and Clint walked down the hallway in comfortable silence towards Cell One which held one of their prisoners. The others refused to call them that, but Clint and Nat knew and accepted what they really were. They were prisoners being held here for interrogation and observation, to be eliminated if detrimental to the safety of the world. This was why as soon as JARVIS announced that one of them had escaped, two handguns and a large bow appeared out of seemingly nowhere. 

Now with renewed purposes, the two agents stopped and managed to pinpoint the area that the prisoner was. It wasn't incredibly difficult for Natasha, due to her sharp hearing and the loudness of the prisoner. Clint smirked, things were finally getting interesting again. With only a slight nod to each other they began sprinting, their footsteps barely making a sound as they crossed the hallways.

As they got closer to the designated areas he sounds of shouting suddenly and suspiciously stopped. The pair simultaneously slowed down to a walk with their weapons at the ready, waiting for an ambush. The sound could have been used to draw them near and then silence and ambush them. Natasha suddenly put up her hand and Clint stopped, cocking his head slightly to silently show his confusion. She tapped her ears and a faint sound echoed out of the main kitchen at the end of the hall. They slowly crept forward and when they reached the archway that led to the kitchen, they came to a halt once more before going into a potential battle.

Natasha and Clint whipped around the corner and pointed their weapons into the kitchen ready for anything. Unfortunately they were not ready for anything and both pairs of hands slightly faltered and dropped ever so slightly towards the ground in shock. However they quickly recovered and Natasha straightened and took another authoritative step into the kitchen as she stated firmly, "What are you doing in here?"

Without even looking the stranger sitting on the floor with assorted wrappers and food pieces in front of the fridge shrugged, held up the large piece of meat in his hand and responded "hhm eshghh," as he continued to stuff his face and clear out the fridge.

Natasha's eyebrows furrowed as she took another step with both guns up, while Clint, much to his partner's annoyance, attempted to hold in a chuckle. Seemingly oblivious to the possible danger the escapee finished off his fourth box of pop tarts and reached for another. Clint inwardly groaned, when Thor came back he would be very upset without his pop tarts.

Natasha had had enough and growled out in frustration, although her frustrations were well hidden and only Clint could ever accurately guess her emotions when she was hiding them, " Who are you and what are you doing here?"

Surprisingly the stranger noticed the change in tone and finished the last bite of food left in the fridge before standing up and stretching his arms over his head. Both Natasha and Clint suspiciously clenched their weapons as he stood up and slowly turned around and a large smile, too large of a smile they noted, stretched across his face. He then proceeded to respond loudly, "My name is Monkey D. Luffy and I'm going to be King of the Pirates! I'm looking for my nakama, Torao!"

Clint stared in confusion, "Nakama?" he asked Nat.

"Friend in Japanese."

"Oh. That means his name is backwards right?"

Natasha simply nodded and turned back towards Luffy, "So, Luffy-" she started but never finished.

At the time she started talking, Tony had walked in with his Iron Man armor, having been alerted by JARVIS and told where the escaped man was located. As soon as he had stepped into view underneath the archway, Luffy's eyes grew large and seemed to sparkle as an even bigger smile stretched across his face. "Sugoi! A robot!"

It was silent for a few minutes before Tony flipped up his mask and stared at Luffy in confusion, but as soon as Luffy saw the man's face his expression changed into one of disappointment.

" I'm not a robot."

Clint lost it at the indignant and slightly offended tone in Tony's voice and laughed until Natasha sent him a glare and he quickly shut up. Trying to make sense of the situation Tony asked, as he walked further into the kitchen, "Who is he and why is the fridge completely empty."

" I'm Monkey D. Luffy and I'm going to be King of the Pirates! Have you seen my nakama?" Luffy responded and attempted to change the topic since he didn't know if this guy was like Sanji and would hate him eating all the food.

Before anyone could respond to Luffy's question a low, serious voice interrupted " I told you Mugiwara-ya, we are only allies, not nakama."