Chapter 18

'What's his name? What's his name Meredith!' Lydia was now getting quite agitated.
'How do you know about him?' I ask her, but Meredith only starts shaking her head rapidly, panting from all the movement.

'Guys, I think we better stop.' Parrish tells us, worried that Meredith might get worst than she is if we keep brutally questioning her.
'Meredith, a lot of people are gonna die if you don't tell us.' Lydia yells at her, ignoring Parrish's advice.

'I don't... I don't know. I don't know. Please...' Meredith is saying, hyperventilating and shaking her head.
'Meredith, it's okay. You're gonna be okay.' I tell her trying to settle her,
'Please, I don't know. I don't know.' Meredith keeps telling us,
'Meredith...' I say cautiously.

'Please. I said I don't know!' She shouts at us screaming like a banshee. Lydia and I cover our ears in pain as we hear the shout obviously directed to hurting banshees but somehow I was affected. Stiles looks at me as he then turns to look at Lydia, we both have blood running down from our ears.

'Okay, well, we know one thing.' Stiles stated. We were now in Stiles' bedroom trying to workout the third cipher key, Lydia was at the computer while I was near the whiteboard with all the clues on it.
'Both of the first two keys, Allison and Aiden, they're both names of the dead. Right?' Stiles continued,
'But we've already tried every other dead person's name we could think of. And if you haven't noticed, there were a lot of tries.' Lydia told us looking towards me at the end.

'Yeah, I noticed.' I commented. Lydia suddenly looked rather sad,
'You okay?' Stiles asks before I can ask her.
'The only banshee I've ever met, and I think I might of just drove her over the edge.' Lydia says as her eyes glaze over.

'Lydia it wasn't your fault, we were all there. And your probably not the only...' I say coming to a stop as I realise something, Stiles realises it too as we both look at each other.
'Hold on. Banshees predict death. Right?' Stiles tells us,

'So what is the third key is someone who isn't dead...' I say.
'But will be.' Lydia finishes for me. Stiles and I walk over to Lydia in front of the computer and watch as she closes her eyes and puts her hands on the keyboard. We wait for something to happen. She types one letter at first, then she types a name. We all look onto the screen to find the third cipher key.

DEREK

Derek Hale is the third cipher key.
The list decodes into the last list of names on the dead pool. I wait to see my name, I see Liam's name on there, Malia's and Meredith's. I come to the bottom of the list to find my own name written in the black font.

Kara Zor-El

How do they know my birth name, I've been in town for like a week or two and NO ONE knows I'm an alien yet, no one. But they do, they know everything about everyone.
'Kara? Why do they have your name as Kara Zor-El?' Stiles asked me, turning to look at me.
'Umm... well.' I say trying to think of an explanation that won't reveal too much.

'I am adopted! The Danvers adopted me.' I blurt out, thankfully not having to tell them the whole thing about me being an alien and all that.
'Ah ha, and why does your last name sound like Superman's name, Kal-El?' He asks me. I'm so stupid, of course he knows about Superman, who doesn't?

'Must be a coincidence.' I say seeming as if I was an innocent little girl trying to cover up something.
'Yeah, a coincidence.' Stiles finishes with suspicion.
'Guys, call Parrish.' Lydia says to us, as she has been studying the screen the whole time that Stiles has been interrogating my. So we look over to her,
'We need to call Parrish.' Lydia tells us in a frenzy.

While Lydia is on the phone I sit on the ground next to Stiles' bed and him sitting on it just staring at me, trying to figure out what I was hiding.
'You can fly.' He says all of a sudden.

'Yeah, I can.' I tell him even though it was rhetorical,
'And so can Superman.' He says again, now I know where this is going.
'You can also shoot lasers out of your eyes.' He tells me, I suddenly look towards him.

'When did you...' I ask trailing off realising he probably saw my burning eyes when he came into the locker room after Scott.
'Superman also shoots lasers out of his eyes.' Stiles continues,
'What are you Kara? What are you hiding?' Stiles asked me desperately.

'Why can't you tell us? Why can't you tell me?' Stiles pleaded with puppy dog eyes but before I had time to respond Lydia came over to us, she had a single tear rolling down her face.

'She's dead. She hung herself. It's because of me.' Lydia told us with a unnervingly calm voice, I couldn't help but get up and hug her as she just stood there in shock.
'Lydia, everything is going to be all right. It has to if we want to stop all of this stuff about the dead pool and the benefactor.' I tell her. She looks to me curiously,

'What was Stiles saying about you being related to superman?' She asked me, still quiet and sad from the news about Meredith's death.

'Oh nothing, it was nothing.' I tell her guiltily,
'Well Stiles, I wouldn't mind interrogating her to take my mind off the past events.' She says to Stiles, now I'm starting to get worried.
'Yeah, why don't we.' Stiles replies to Lydia, laughing goofily.

'Really? I don't think that's such a good idea.' I tell them nervously,
'Kara. What are you?' Stiles asks me pleadingly.
'I don't know, I just have powers.' I lie to him,
'What powers?' Lydia asks me inquisitively.

'Just the usual.' I say,
'The usual?' Stiles questions,
'Yeah, you know flying, heat vision, enhanced everythi-' I quickly stop myself.

'Enhanced everything, so thats; super strength, super hearing, super eyesight, super sense, everything?' Stiles asks, looking at me quizzically.

'Umm, yeah?' I respond not sure what to say,
'So right now the only difference between you and superman is the freeze breath.' He says, with a scheming look on his face. He searches his room, looking for something then all of a sudden he knocks over a candle, causing the carpet on the ground to catch fire, Lydia jumps back surprised by the sudden flames.

'Oops.' Stiles says sarcastically, I glare at him. I know what he's doing, but he isn't doing anything to put the fire out as it starts to spread towards the wall. Soon the house will burn down, and Stiles will let it, I'm running out of options. I really hate him right now, although I know the hatred won't last he's too innocent. I turn to the flames and blow out freezing cold air from my mouth which instantly freezes the fire, saving the house but not my identity.

'Just tell us Kara. Who are you?' Lydia asks me, sad that her new friend isn't who she thought she was. I have to say something, otherwise they will leave me. I'll be alone, again.

'I'm Kara Zor-El, last daughter of Krypton, and my planet was destroyed.'

Another chapter, off my schedule I started but that was going to be only for the holidays, my school starts back on 2 Feb so updates may change, probably once a week.

Word count: 1308 words

Love you all!!!!

Vote
Comment
Read
Follow