Lost

Hello. My name is Summer Rivers and I'm 18 years old.

I have two best friends named Dakota Blue and Carter Green.

My mother, one of the greatest woman you'd ever met, got cancer and died when I was 13. Ever since then my dad has become an alcoholic which causes him to become hostile towards me and beat me occasionally.

I'm living in California and going to WhiteBeach High. That was the intro,Here is my story.

__________________________

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU IDIOT!!" Chelsea screamed at me before she pushed me down.

"Geez calm down." I said. Why was she freaking out so much.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Look at what you did.  You spilled water all over my new Juicy Couture shirt"  she complained.

"Then maybe you shouldn't wear expensive clothes to school" I said as I stood up.

She took a water bottle from her friend or "follower" and threw it on me.

"CHELSEA! This is my favorite shirt" I shouted at her.

"Aww. Is that the shirt your EX boyfriend gave you. Boo hoo." She said laughing.

She brought him up again. She loves to bring up Brandon. Brandon is my ex boyfriend. He's only an Ex because he moved to New York. Last year. It broke me.

I went silent. Suddenly Carter came to my side.
He took one look at my face and instantly got pissed.

"Chelsea, I'm gonna ask you nicely to fuck off and leave Sunmer alone." He said way too calmly.

"What gives you the right to talk to my girlfriend like that?" Jason said.

As if this morning could get any worse. Jason was an absolute asshole. He is just as much of an ass to me as Chelsea is. And it's just great for me that they fucking date.

"One, I have a right of free speech. It's in the constitution. And Two, your girlfriend here always treats my best friend like shit and it bothers me." He said pissed off.

"Carter. Please just stop. You're just gonna make things worse." I said.

"Yeah Carter. Don't start a fight you can't finish. ." Jason said mockingly.

"Who says I can't finish it!?" He said moving closer to Jason.

I rolled my eyes then grabbed his arm.

"Carter. Drop. It." I said pulling on his arm.

This was actually a GOOD day. You can't even imagine a BAD day for me.

**After School**

I pulled into my driveway just wanting to sleep. I was so tired.

I walked in quietly trying not to be heard. But, to my horror, my dad was sitting on the couch with 5 empty beer bottles on the table and another halfway finished.

I tip toed past him and I was halfway up the stairs when he woke up.

"Su...SUMMER" he yelled. "I am not happy with you"

"Why not" I asked cautiously.

He turned and threw a beer bottle at me.
"BECAUSE I CANT SAVE YOU SCARLET" he shouted. Scarlet was my mother's name.

"Dad...I'm not.." But before I could finish he was up the stairs.

I ran to my room but he was right behind me.
He grabbed me by my sides and slammed me on my bed. I yelled in pain. Then he slapped me.

"STOP" I shouted through my tears.

He stopped, glared at me then walked out my room. I laid completely still. I heard a car horn honk. Probably another one of his hoes. How do they put up with that? I heard the front door slam and then a car pulling off. He's gone. As soon as he was gone I heard the door open again.

"SUMMER! SUMMER! ANSWER ME WOMAN SO I KNOW YOURE STILL ALIVE. ARE YOU BLEEDING?!" He yelled frantically.

"Carter" I said as loud as I could.

I heard his footsteps getting closer. He burst into my room.

"Are you alright? Anything damaged!? He asked.

"Bruise" I said pointing to my side.

He lifted my shirt slightly to check.
"Shit..." He said in a low voice. "I swear one day I'm going to kill your douche bag of a dad" he said with a clenched jaw.

Carter couldn't stand that this happened to me. I can't tell you how many times him and his parents have offered to take me in as another member of their family.

"Carter, don't say that" I said in a low voice as I struggled to keep back more tears.

"It's true Sunmer. This shit is ridiculous." He replied.

I sighed and put my hands over my face.

"I'll go get you an ice pack." Don't move" he said in a stern voice.

"Can't if I wanted to Car." I replied.

Nice way to end an awful day.