Relationship Status: Complicated

"So..Brandon's back. Exciting right Summer?" Dakota asked as we sat in 3rd period waiting for the teacher.

I looked at her.

"Yeah okay we know it's awkward. But I mean he can't still have feelings for you" Dakota said.

"I'm legit hoping he doesn't because I'm not breaking up with Jason but I don't wanna hurt Brandon." I said as I ran my hands through my hair.

"I remember when you used to do that all the time." his voice said.

I looked up at him. "Old habits die hard I guess. You thought about me while you were gone?" I asked.

"Are you kidding? I didn't wanna forget about you." Brandon replied.

"Did you date?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah,I dated twice, but I always compared them to Summer." he said.

"Never mind we were wrong. He definitely still has a thing for you " Dakota whispered.

"Yeah. Jason isn't gonna like that." Sarah said in a hushed voice.

"I know. I'm gonna tell him now" I replied.

"Brandon,I've got something to tell you." I said.

And because the universe loves to upper cut me in the face on the daily, Jason walked in and came right over to us and sat beside me.

"Hey babe." He said kissing me on the cheek.

"Who is he? " Brandon asked glaring at Jason.

"I'm her boyfriend." Jason replied glaring back.

"Boyfriend?!?!?" Brandon said looking at me with wide eyes.

"I was about to tell you." I said in a low voice not looking him in the eye.

Jason has just opened the motherfucking flood gates and here comes the damn flood. Fuck.