Part 29

sorry for such long waits :(

also! I need a girl youtuber you guys want to see in the next chapter and maybe a few boys? Comment below who you want to see :)

question! Do you ship Paige and Dan or Paige and Jack more? Uhm, Daige or Jaige? Haha

PAIGES POV- ONE WEEK LATER

   One week after Dan's exit from my life, and I'm still a mess. I have tried my best to forget about him, I got the groceries for my mom and even went shopping once with Leslie, but nothing seemed to work. I just couldn't get him out of my mind. He was everywhere. If I saw a man with brown hair on the television, I lost my train of thought. If I even saw a picture of an angel, I wanted to cry. I almost screamed every time I saw a happy couple. I was a hopeless, heart broken case.

   Day one was the day after the hospital. I called Dan twice, but it went to voicemail. I texted him every hour with no response. There was no point. I remained in bed for the entire day.

   Day two was a beautiful day. There was no rain and it was the perfect temperature. What did I do, you may ask? I watched TV all day with a few breaks of crying in between. How did this guardian angel get caught up in my thoughts?

   Phil came to visit on day three. He said Dan always comes home when he isn't there, or when he's asleep. He can tell because almost everything has been moved around. We watched movies and then he left.

   Day four was actually pretty alright. I went to go see a play with my parents, and then we went out to dinner. I was able to forget everything for a few hours.

   Day five was good, that was the day I went shopping with Leslie. I kind of told her my story, I said that I liked a guy and he moved, and that my neighbor liked me and I had no idea what I felt. She said that she has had a similar experience, and that I should 'build a wall around my heart'. I took her advice and tried to stop forgetting about both of them.

   Day six. The day my wall was crashed down to the ground. Phil came back over, a look of pity and sadness in his eyes. Dan was at their house last night. With a girl. In the bedroom. Doing... things.

   Today was day seven.

   I walked around the house the next morning like a zombie, not feeling anything. I was a wreck. I didn't know he could move on so fast. I thought he actually had feelings for me. I must of been lying to myself this whole time. Clearly he didn't, why would he have sex with some cheap drunk girl six days after he left if he loved me? I thought for a while I loved him...

   At noon, the doorbell rang. Nobody else was home, Jack's parents and my parent's happened to be best friends, and they went on a vacation this weekend. As I walked towards the door some weird part of me hoped it was Dan coming to say it was all a big misunderstanding. He would say nothing happened, that Phil was an idiot. We'd laugh together and then never leave each other's side. But it was clear that would never happen.

   Instead, Jack and Finn were at the door. I tried to act like I was perfectly happy. They had already knew what had happened, Phil had told them. So they avoided that entire area of conversation, which I was very thankful of. Instead, they invited me to a party.

   "Hello Paige!" Finn smiled.

   "Oh, hey guys. What's up?"

   "Nothing really, we wanted to ask you something!" Jack said.

   "What?" I laughed weakly.

   "Since both our parents are out of town tonight, we're throwing a party, and we wanted to know if you would come." Finn said.

   "Really? A party?"

   "Yeah, I mean we invited a ton of people we know and they all happen to be in town tonight, so we're throwing a party." Jack said. I was about to decline, I was in no mood to go to a party, besides, I think a new episode of the Simpsons was tonight. But then I stopped. Dan had obviously moved on from me, why couldn't I do the same? I mean, Jack was there, and who knew how attractive his friends were?

   "Actually, I'd love to come." I smiled.

   "Great! It's at 8, can't wait to see you." Jack said. We said goodbye and then I shut the door.

   I sighed, and looked at the clock. Around 8 hours to get ready. Perfect. I can hang out until four or five and then start getting ready. I wanted to look good, I needed to prove to myself that Dan was in the past, and if hanging around Jack tonight proved it, then good. I needed to find a nice outfit, plan my hair and makeup, take a shower...

   In the meantime, I think I'll take a nap.