miracles

miracles

s i x t e e n

Today was going great, it had been 3 months since Karyn and Spencer reunited their little family, it was a little hard the first month, with all the bills, and the baby food, it was a little hectic but they got through it.

"Have a good day"

She pecked his lips and he smiled. Diana was in her arms, smiling and waving at Spencer.

"Hab a ood dawy daddy"

She was one, so her talking was more like jumbled gibberish, but it made him smile and kiss her cheek before leaving. As he shut the door, Diana sneezed. Karyn had just got over a cold last week, so it seemed like Diana was coming down with it.

"Oh no, wittle Diana's coming down with a cold, poor Diana"

She kissed her forehead and carried her to the kitchen.

"Just a little bit of this will make you feel better"

Diana watched as Karyn grabbed some bottle filled with dark red liquid. Karyn poured a little into a spoon and raised it to Diana's mouth.

"Open wide"

Diana took the medicine but after she swallowed it, she made a face.

"Bad"

"I know honey, but it's gonna make you feel better"

And as the day went on, Diana's condition only got worse. The medicine only helped for a few hours.

Diana's sneezing had advanced to coughing and a fever, shivering. Karyn grew very worried, she called her dad over.

"What's wrong?"

"Diana. She's sick and I don't know what's going on"

"Where is she?"

"She's sleeping right now, but I'm still worried dad. I don't know why she's sick"

William spent a while with Diana, or D.E, as he called her. It was around six pm when they rushed Diana to the hospital, she had stopped breathing.

"The unsub is a paranoid insomniac, the idea that someone's out to get him, he can never close his eyes," Spencer was interrupted when his phone started vibrating, he looked at the caller ID. "Um, excuse me"

"Hey"

"Spencer, something's happened"

"What's wrong?"

He furrowed his brows, stuffing one hand into his pocket.

"Diana, sh-she stopped breathing. She's in the hospital right now but they won't let us see her"

Karyn was crying, she continued to think of the worst things that could happen.

"Which hospital?"

"Mary Washington"

"I'll be there soon"

He hung up and he quickly grabbed his stuff, making his way out.

"Woah, Reid, where you going?"

"Diana's in the hospital, I have to go Morgan"

"I'll tell Hotch, call us if anything happens, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks man"

Derek nodded and he walked back to the team as Spencer rushed to the hospital.

"Where's he going?"

"Diana's in the hospital"

Emily and Rossi stopped. Rossi understood the pain of losing a child and he didn't want anyone to feel that, especially Spencer and Karyn.

Rossi never got to know his baby, so it would be harder on them because they spent time with Diana. It would most likely hit Karyn the hardest though, she spent two years with Diana, almost three.

"How is this gonna end?"

"Either really bad, or with a miracle"

"Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose"
– C. S. Lewis