7,884,008.64 seconds

s e v e n t e e n

"Bacterial pneumonia, she was most likely introduced to a bacterial infection and it advanced rapidly, attacking her lungs and her immune system. We'll have to keep her here for a while before she's cleared"

"Can we see her?"

The doctor nodded and led them into the room. Karyn gasped, seeing her baby hooked up to machines, and other sorts.

"She can't breath on her own"

Karyn touched Diana's blue tinted hand, she was cold. She quickly turned to bury her head into Spencer's shoulder, crying.

"We're starting her on some antibiotics in hopes that it'll help her, but I'm going to be honest, this doesn't have a positive outcome, even if she does survive, she'll have brain damage"

Karyn cried harder as she held her baby girl's hand, her face shoved into Spencer's shoulder. He tried to calm Karyn down, his eyes trained on Diana's sleeping face. He bit his lip as hot tears streamed down his cheeks.

Nothing was said as the doctor walked away, leaving the couple alone.

They cried and they tried comforting each other, but there was nothing that could make this better. William, or Rae, as many have called him, walked into the room. He had spent his time crying.

Spencer looked at him, seeing that Rae wanted to hug Karyn, to comfort her, and he knew that Karyn needed her dad, so he kissed her forehead and she hugged her dad, crying softly.

Spencer walked to the other side of Diana's little bed. He pulled up a chair and rested his chin in his hand as he watched Diana.

That's his daughter, he only had 3 months with her, that's only 7,884,008.64 seconds, that's not enough time, not nearly enough time.

"It's going to get better"

He whispered to himself repeatedly, hoping to convince himself that everything will be okay, normally, pneumonia is curable, she's got to get better. She can't die. She can't.

"I found in her, the answers I hadn't thought to ask"
- Atticus