happy endings do exist

t w e n t y

[ two years later ]

Spencer Reid has been a father since his oldest child, Diana Emily Reid was born, sadly, he lost her after only knowing her for four months, but he promised himself he would never leave Karyn to suffer alone, and he kept that promise.

He was there through it all, stuck to her side like glue. He had planned this day for almost as long as he had known Karyn, knowing she was the one he wanted to be with for the rest of his life. He knew he had to do it today, or else he wouldn't get a quiet moment to do it. He didn't want to make a big scene about it, so he decided to just slip it on her finger while they watched Doctor Who.

"Dad!"

Exclaimed his year old son, David, as he waddled over to the love seat, gurgling and babbling on and on about something he couldn't comprehend. Karyn most likely sent him over here, dealing with their two week old daughter, Penelope. Spencer lifted the little boy onto his lap and tickled him all over, loud giggles echoing through the house. He had shoved the ring into his pocket, hoping he didn't drop it down into the couch, knowing that would only end badly.

"There's my favorite daughter!"

Exclaimed a loud, familiar voice. Spencer gave David a wide eyed grin as the young boy began shouting in excitement.

"Pawpaw!"

The young boy and Spencer giggled together, standing to go into the kitchen where Rae was hugging a tired looking Karyn, bopping the nose of his newest grand daughter.

"So, I'll be taking these lovelies while you two have your date night?"

"Thanks dad"

Karyn smiled happily, reluctant to let her babies go but knowing she'd get them back.

"Yeah, thanks dad"

Spencer grinned and Rae only chuckled, shaking his head.

Pretty soon, Spencer and Karyn were the only ones in the home, tucked together on the love seat as the television played. Spencer had felt nerves take over, and he almost chickened out, but he reached into his pocket and very slowly slid the ring onto Karyn's finger.

"Yes"

"What?"

"I've had three kids, I can feel the slightest touch Spencer, yes, I'll marry you"

The two shared a sweet kiss before settling back into the love seat, enjoying each other's presence more than the show.

And that's how their story ends, well...for now anyways.

"The most beautiful kind of love. When two people find themselves in the process of putting each other's broken pieces back together again"

- Ruby Dhal