Chapter 32

These past few months have been absolutely hectic. We are trying to plan a wedding as well as build a house. Caroline and I have had a few heated arguments one that really sticks out is one we had last month where I actually got in my truck and drove to the next town and actually slept in the car.

Flashback

I was just home from the studio and I had been cranky all day, nothing was going right with a song I had been working on for the wedding and it was really stressing me out. I came home and Caroline was in the Kitchen. I went through and wrapped my arms around her ever growing bump and said
"How's my two favourite people"
"Well if you would have answered your damn phone Luke you would have known" she snapped
"What the fuck Caroline" I said
"Did you forget we had a check up at the hospital today, and also a meeting with the contractors, both of which I had to go to myself, while you are messing about at the studio" she shouted. Shit I forgot about those dates I must have forgotten to add them to my schedule.
"Messing about, is that all you think I do. That messing about Caroline pays the fucking bills and gets you everything you want. It's also building us a forever home" I shouted back
"Oh so you don't think I contribute to this home. You think I don't do anything. Well that's where you are wrong Luke. Who makes sure you have everything and get to places on time" she yelled
"Mmmm well you never did a good job and reminding me about the appointments today did you." I said sarcastically.
"Oh so it's my fault you don't listen" she snapped
"You know what Caroline I don't need this shit. I outta here" I said trapping my keys and slamming the door.
I was so angry I didn't care that I could hear her crying as I left.
I jumped in the truck and headed towards the liquor store. I grabbed a twelve pack of miller lite and headed towards the open road. Pulling up in a field miles from nowhere I cracked open a can and downed it. I knew deep down inside I shouldn't have walked out but I'm sick of the arguing, I know her hormones are everywhere but that's not an excuse to be a bitch. I looked down at my phone and it was flashing Carolines name, I let it ring as I through it in the glove compartment and opened another can. I can't remember the rest of the night I just have passed out or something, I woke up with someone tapping on the window, it was Carter.
"Luke why the fuck, Caroline is beyond herself with worry. She thinks you have left her" he said
"What.....,what are you talking about" I didn't know where I was or why was happening I had just woken up.
"You have been gone all night and she had been calling you non stop, she is sick with worry"  he said.
Shit I never meant to stay out all night, I only wanted to cool off. I grabbed my phone from the glove compartment, shit 46 missed calls from Caroline, 32 from Mama and 12 from Carter.
"Oh shit, I was pissed we had an argument and I stormed out, how did you find me"
"Find my iPhone you douche"
"Fuck I better make my way back home, I am so fucked" I said punching the steering wheel.
I spoke to Carter for a few minutes and told him to wish me luck.
I pulled into the drive and Caroline came running out followed by mama. Her face was tear stained. I felt like a complete dick.
"Oh my god Luke I am so sorry I shouldn't have said what I did. I know you work so hard for me and our little bump" she said hugging me
"No Caroline you have nothing to be sorry about I was the one who was in the wrong. Let's not fight anymore it's not good for any of us. And at this rate our baby boy won't wanna come. Out here." I said holding her tight.

End of Flashback