Chapter 3 - Is This A Joke?

I stayed still, was this a joke?

"Oh I really don't want to ruin that beautiful young face of yours"

He made a gesture to the door. "GO"

I ran. This man was crazy; he could still shoot me at any moment. When I reached the door something compelled me to look back at the robber. He was grinning again; I was caught off guard when I saw him wink at me. "See you around doll face".

I ran as fast as I could away from the bar. I knew I should alert the police of what just happened but something stopped me. I had his face etched in to my brain. Those eyes...

Wtf was I doing?! This man is currently robbing my place of work. HE WAS GOING TO SHOOT ME. HE IS CRAZY AND BELONGS IN ARKHAM. I noticed a phone booth across the street and rang the police. I told them that the bar was being robbed anonymously. I didn't want to be involved anymore. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to go to bed and cry.

I walked the rest of the way home. I was far enough away now.

Crying still, I entered my little shitty apartment. This was the worst day of my life. I was almost killed. My heart was crushed. I got undressed and got into bed. I couldn't sleep. The events of the night were just sinking in. I had a gun pointed at my head. My eyes were tired but my thoughts kept me up. It was just a dream. Just a dream. Looking at the time on my phone I noticed I had text from him. 'Madi, I'm sorry, I just wish things were different love Stanley xox'

I felt sick. I wonder how the fucker would feel knowing I ALMOST died. I got up and walked to the fridge. Half a bottle of wine was left from the other day. It'll do for now. I laid on my old sofa and drank a whole glass whilst reaching for the tv remote. The news was on. 'Breaking news: robbery at a local bar in Gotham city results in two police officers dead'

Wait what?!

'Police have cornered the suspect at Ace Chemicals. We have live coverage from the GCPD helicopter'

The screen cut to an image of the man I saw only an hour ago.