Chapter 13 - Good Girl

His face gazed down to his stomach and lifted his shirt. The cut had healed so that just a scratch was left. I was shocked; it would have taken weeks for it to heal to that stage. When he raised his eyes to meet mine, he was smirking "The new me."

My mouth was open in shock. Another side effect of the chemicals.

"Are you sure you're completely fine?"

"Never felt better doll face." The smile returned. It sent shivers down my spine.

I was curious so I asked him about the first night we met. "What happened that night?" I leaned so he could hear me whisper "the night you robbed..."

Before I could finish he slammed his fist on the bar. I jumped back in fright; so did the few customers on the other side of the room. Their eyes judged us but looked away after a few seconds.

"Do not talk about that weak pathetic man. He is dead." His face was stern, his smile had vanished. "Now say sorry."

I gave in and obeyed "I'm sorry Mr..." I paused so that he would tell me his name.

His eyes became friendly again and he started to rub his chin. "You, my darlin' can call me Joker."

What kind of a name is Joker? After all that has happened, I was willing to believe anything.

"ok... I'm sorry Joker"

"Good girl" he winked at me which only made me feel uncomfortable. The tension is the air was electric. There were five other customers in the bar but it felt that I and Joker were the only two people on earth. "Now I'm here to repay my debt to you." He used his hands and gestured to me.

I blushed "No there's no need to"

He cut me off and said very seriously "I owe you"

To be honest I was too scared to disagree again. This man kept me on edge and I kind of liked it.

"Now, you..." he pointed right at my face, "are going to walk out of this shithole in a minute. You are going to go home and dress up for me, and then I..." he exaggerated the gesture of himself "am going to take you out to my favourite club."

I looked at the floor and shook my head; I heard him growl as he clearly didn't like my body language.

"I'm sorry but I'm not the type of girl that goes out to clubs."

He leaned across the bar resting his head on his hands. He looked surprised by what I said.

"And why's that?"