Chapter 16 - Who's the Little Lady?

I opened the taxi door and cursed to myself under my breath. I felt like such an idiot. I joined Joker's side and peered up at our destination. My heart sunk when I realised where we were. I looked up at Joker; his face was illuminated by the bright pink neon sign.

"The Black Cat Tattoo Parlour" Of course he smiled when he said it. He always smiles now.

"Why are we here?" My voice was shaky; it was obvious I was anxious.

"Now that is a dumb question." He looked down at me and frowned. "I told you, you need to start living, making rash decisions, having no regrets."

"But..." I tried to protest but Joker held a single finger over my lips.

"Just stop talking" He was getting stern with me, his face was completely serious. "Accept that you're not leaving until a needle penetrates your skin with ink."

When he said the word my knees went weak. I closed my eyes and began to shake my head. "I can't"

He took a step back and growled in frustration. "Its needles, isn't it?" I looked up and nodded. Joker rolled his eyes, it made me feel small and pathetic. He hunched his back so that he was at the same eye level as me, he held out his finger pointing at me and firmly said "Get in there and face your fear." I closed my eyes at the thought again. "NOW". I didn't move still, my eyes remained shut. I felt his hand carefully caress my elbow, the stroked the inside of my arm. It calmed me down and definitely distracted me. Before I could move, he picked me up and placed me over his shoulder.

"No No No.... stop please, I don't want to! I can't!"

He was laughing manically "You can and you will."

I tried to wiggle out of his grip but he was too strong. I stopped moving and realised we were already in the building. He placed me down and blocked the exit. My heart began to race. I was not ok.

"Ah Jim my friend!" a man stepped out from around the corner.

"Mister J! How's it healing? No problems I hope."

"It's perfect, completely healed already."

Jim looked shocked but didn't question his quick healing.

"Who's the little lady?" Jim looked me up and down as he said this. It made my skin crawl.

Joker could tell I was uncomfortable. He placed an arm around me and held me close.