Chapter 2 - Quick In and Out

"Please ... what do you want? There's money in the cash register" I was crying again but this time from fear. The stranger sighed and brought his hands to his head in frustration. His face was revealed as his hood was pushed back. "No witnesses they said. No one was meant to be here. Quick in and out. Simple." I realised he wasn't talking to me.

"Please ... just put the gun down"

"No one was meant to be here" he was shouting now which only caused me more fear. "Oh I really don't want to kill you"

"Please just let me go, take what you what"

He avoided looking at me but I couldn't take my eyes off him. His face looked like it had been chiselled by gods, his eyes were bright blue and practically lit up the room. His hair was slicked back and was brown, if I just saw him walking down the street I would defiantly take a moment to appreciate what a fine human being he was. He was an attractive man but I couldn't think like that when he had a gun pointed at me. His emotions changed. The face of guilt quickly shifted. His lips were tight and his eyes were locked on to mine. His slacked arm was now straight and the gun was pointed right between my eyes.

"No ... please" I pleaded for my life.

His facial expression changed once again. It was now somewhat friendly. He was smiling. It changed again back to the guilty expression from before. He bent over in frustration with his hands to his head.

"Why did you have to be here?!?" his voice rising with each syllable. I wanted to run but I knew that would be unsafe. He was clearly out of his mind; I didn't want to startle him. He threw a glass on to the other side of the room which made me jump out of my skin; for a second I thought he had pulled the trigger.

He turned his head to face me slowly, he was grinning at me. With a deep breath he began talking again.

"Listen doll face, I don't know why you're here, you shouldn't be. And I should just shoot you but I can't ... I'll let you live."