#6 - Niall (CLEAN) for love_fighter

I sat. Waiting. Only 2 more minutes to go... Until I found out whether or not my life was going to change forever. Niall and I had been trying to have a baby for over a year now, and it had definately proved to be more difficult than it sounded, but lately I have been having symtoms which could be signs of the early stages of pregnancy. So here I am. Door locked and Niall completely oblivious as to what I was doing. It really hurt seeing Niall's disappointment. We've already had four false alarms and I couldn't bear to hurt him again. I took a deep breath before I picked up the stick and read the result.

One line. Not pregnant.

My heart sank and I found myself just standing and staring, the disappointment flooding through my veins. A tear fell down my cheek as once again I was stood thinking about what could've been.. Niall had always wanted a little boy, so he could teach him how to play football just everything he wanted. The tears fell harder and I leant against the sink, looking down as they trickled down my cheek. A knock on the door startled me and I snapped my head up instantly, quickly brushing the tears off my face with my hand and taking a deep breath. "Sonal?" his thick Irish accent called my name, my heart warming just at the sound of his voice. "Coming" I sniffed, throwing the pregnancy test in the small bin, underneath some other rubbish so it was hidden from him. I took one last glance in the mirror, making sure my face didn't look like I had just been crying. I sighed and opened the door, only to be met by the concerned face of Niall.

"Are you okay?" he asked, the worry clearly evident in his voice. "Yeah, fine" I lied, avoiding direct eyecontact. He lifted up my chin to force me to look at him. "Son, I know you too well to no that you are not fine. You've been crying, I can tell. Now, what's wrong?" he brushed my cheek with his thumb, my body almost melting at the contact. I was completely and utterly smitten with this boy, even after 3 years together, my feelings for Niall had nmever changed. But this was something I had to keep from him. I just knew it would hurt him too much, and despite the fact that we never kept anything from each other, for our relationship, I had to. "I just stubbed my toe, Nialler, I'm honestly fine. It just hurt alot" I smiled slightly and leant my head on his chest. Niall chuckled. "Always the clumsy one, you. How about a foot massage, eh? Then a nice movie in bed?" he held me at arms length, half smiling, the way that made weak at the knees. "Sounds perfect" i replied, placing a tender kiss on his lips, before walking away, Niall playfully slapping my ass and making me giggle. 

I flopped onto our King sized bed with a sigh. I hated lying to him. I rubbed my face with my hands and mentally slapped myself. Keep it together. He'll never find out, ever. Just keep trying. My mind was spinning with thoughts, confusing me, but also helping me feel better about what I was keeping from Ni. I rolled onto my tummy and pulled out my phone, writing a message to my best friend, Lisa.

False alarm, again.
Talk tomorrow. -S x

It wasn't long before she replied.

Love you lots. 
It will happen when it's meant to. - L x

I  quickly locked my phone, hearing footsteps nearing the door. I smiled, excited for our cute couple night. I turned onto my back, leaning on my elbows, only to see Niall stood at the door. 

Pregnancy test held up.
Oh shit.

"Niall, I can-" he cut me off before I could say anything. "Why did you lie to me?" he had tears in his eyes, and the hurt in his voice was obvious. I knew lying was a very bad idea. "Nia-" "Seriously, Sonal. I honestly thought that we had a trusting relationship. That we tell each other everything, especially something as serious as this. I thought we were on the same page about trust" he gestured to the test. I looked down, now perched on the side of the bed. I awkwardly fiddled with my hands. I had no words. I had no idea what to say. He was completely right, and I can't believe I was so stupid. Niall continued, still stood at the doorway. "It really fucking hurts, y'know. Especially because now I have no idea as to whether or not this is the first time you've hidden this from me. I just can't believe it. Why would you do that?" I looked up at him. His eyes were full of hurt and confusion. "I didn't want to disappoint you, Niall" I whispered, looking down again. He put his palm to his face, squeezing his eyes in frustration.

"What disappoints me, is that you would even think about hiding it from me" he sighed heavily. I chewed my gums, both because I felt awkward and to prevent myself from bursting into tears. "I need some air." he said, bluntly. Turning around and heading towards the front door. Instinctively, I stood up and ran after him, standing in front of him before he could walk out. "Don't leave" I pleaded. "Sonal, I just want to go for a walk. Clear my head. Move" he sounded frustrated. "Niall. Please. Stay. I didn't know what to do. I was so upset. I panicked. I just-" I started to tear up again. "I just don't want you to leave me because I can't seem to get pregnant. I'm scared." tears fell down my cheeks. "I'm so fucking scared, Niall" I looked up at him, the tears falling down my cheeks as I sobbed. Niall looked me in the eyes before pulling me into his chest tightly.

"Don't ever think that" he mumbled into the top of my head. "It's not true. I would never leave you. You are my everything. Child or not. We are forever. A team" he kissed my head lovingly. I continued to sob into his chest, beacause I was so overwhelmed by everything. I wanted to get pregnant just as much as Niall wanted to have a child and it hurt knowing it just wasn't happening, no matter how hard we tried. "I just... I want to start a family so bad, Niall. And I know you do too... It just.... It sucks" my sobbing increased and Niall swayed from side to side, holding me tightly. "Shhhh" he soothed, rubbing my hair and kissing my head repeatedly. "We will keep trying, okay babe?" I nodded, unhopeful. "And if that doesn't work. We can look into other options." He held me at arms length, scanning my face. "But for now, I am happy with how we are. As a team" he kissed me quickly on the lips. "And as a team, we don't keep things from each other. Ever. Okay, baby?" he kissed me again, more tenderly this time. "Okay" I smiled, extremely content with how this had gone.

"Promise me?" he whispers. 
"I promise" I nod, over-excitedly. 

He chuckles, sweetly, before taking my hand in his and leading me to the bedroom. 

"Now how about those movies, huh? Then maybe we could try again?" he winks, seductively and I giggle as he walks over to the TV to look for a movie to watch.

Oh, how lucky I was to have a boyfriend like mine.

******************************

HERE WE ARE, love_fighter!
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! 
IM SORRY I KEPT YOU WAITING XX

to everyone else; I AM STILL TAKING REQUESTS.

and to those waiting on theirs; THEY'RE COMING, I PROMISE! I HAVE JUST BEEN VERY BUSY. 

LOVE YOU ALL! Thankyou for the votes and positive feedback, it means alot to me xxx