Blind Side• IX

Today was the "family day" with my daddy, Danyel, and Cameron.

We weren't doing anything too fancy. Just going to Mama Roe's, my grandmother's restaurant for breakfast.

I decided to dress girly today. I felt pretty so I put on a floral skirt that was a little above knee-level with a denim sweetheart cut crop too.I had a white cardigan over it and my combat boots.

Danyel knocked on the door and came in. She looked flawless. She was beautiful. There shoulder length hair was curled to perfection. Her pink sundress complimented her skin tone.

She left my brother in her arms as she walked in.

"You look really pretty, Danyel."

"Thank you doll. You are too."

"Can you do that to my hair?" I asked. I really admired it.

"Sure. I'll be back with the curling iron." I took Cam from her arms and she came back and did my hair. I looked cute. I thanked her and we went downstairs with my father.

____________

We happily walked into the restaurant. I smiled and hugged my family. I went into the back and greeted my grandma and Mooch. They took our order and I waited for our food. We ate our breakfast and went to the park. I enjoyed this day. We came back home at 3 because I had to meet aunt Lorraine at my grandma's house. I told Danyel bye and kissed little Cameron bye. He kissed on my cheek getting his baby drool over me .

"Auzlyn, we only had a short amount of time here. I'm hoping you can visit on summer vacation. " he said on the ride to my grandma's house. It was just us.

"I'de like that." I smiled.

"Can I ask you something ?"I asked.

"Yes."

"Why'd you leave? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you take me with you." I asked. I looked at him watching him closely.

"It was a messy breakup. I was only there for you. So much was going on. I have no excuse for leaving you. I should have been there but I trusted her. I didn't know she couldn't handle it. I feel guilty everyday I think about it." he explained.

"Guilty? I felt like I was the cause of you leaving. Like, I was the cause of her getting on drugs. I didn't even know she was on drugs."

"You didn't do anything. We were both too selfish. That's my only regret. We're both happy now so that a good thing."

"Yeah.....we are."

I was so blinded by the pain in my past I didn't see how good my life is now. I have a stable home, bestfriend a in Georgia, A boyfriend. I had it all.

____________

I WILL NOT UPDATE IF THERE ISNT ANY COMMENTS OR VOTES.

3 COMMENTS for the next chapter.

-Daii Mac 💕