Blind Side• I

"Today is the day sweet pea" Aunt Lorraine cooed. Today was my first day of school at Ravenwood High School in Atlanta, Georgia.

"Alright Auntie" I got out of my new bed and walked to my bathroom.

My aunt Lorraine lived alone. Her husband is over in Iraq so it's just me and her.

I walked into the bathroom and showered up and took care of my routine.

I went to the walk in closet in my room and looked for something to wear. I found a green sweater with the Avengers on it and my stone washed jeans and Jordan Taxis. I looked pretty presentable. I looked at my frizzy hair and didn't know what to do to it. I know I might miss the bus but it's whatever. I flat ironed my hair. It was long and stopped in the middle of my back with blond at the ends. If my mom didn't teach me anything, she taught me how to keep myself and my hair up.

I was now ready for this brand new experience. To be honest I was nervous. Not like me at all.

I got up and walked downstairs, kissed my aunt bye and was on my way to the bus stop.

I stood at the corner of my street and waited.

5min passed

Then 10

Then 15

Ughhhh the hell that bus at? I thought to myself.

I heard snickering and turn around.

"You missed it." They said. It was a light skinned boy with curly hair and a childlike dimple.

I rolled my eyes "What?"

"You missed the bus. It comes around the corner, Ma." he said with a smile.

"Why didn't you say anything before? I know you saw me out here waiting."

he simply said. "You didn't ask."

I turned away to attempt to walk back home.

"Hold up!" he said jogging towards me.

"What?" I sassed.

"You going to RavenWood?"

"Yeah, why?"

A smirk appeared on his face.

"Me too. At least you could do is let me give you a ride since i didn't say anything."

"Ummm incase you didn't know, you are a stranger and I ain't trying to be known as the new girl who got a train ran on her in the back of a truck on the first day of school." I said.

"I'm not going to rape you. I just offered you a ride." he chuckled.

I stood there contemplating rather I should accept his ride. Fuck it

"Alright....no funny shit."

"Come on then."

He led me to his Cadillac truck and I got in. He drove off in what looks like the wrong way.

"Ummm Where are you going? School that way!" I asked.

"We gotta stop and get my crew. Chill."

We sat in silence for a while.

"I never caught your name." he said.

"Auzlyn (Oz-Lyn) Jodi Monroe." I said proudly. He chuckled at my silliness.

"Paris McKenton."

I burst out laughing. He rolled his eyes and gave me a look.

"What's so funny?"