Blind Side• VIII

I woke up to a knock at my bedroom door.

"Good Morning Auzlyn. Breakfast is ready. I hope you like red velvet pancakes."

I shot up at the sound of "Red Velvet" and "Pancakes" being put in the same sentence.

"Good Morning Danyel." I greeted her. I hopped out of bed and followed her to the kitchen.

Clifford sat down at the table with Cameron in his arms. We joined them.

"Morning Sunshine!" Clifford greeted.

"Morning Clifford." I said. I was more focused on the pancakes covered in powdered sugar and syrup. I almost shed a tear at such a magnificent sight.

"Hey Cam!" I smiled as I tickled Cameron's belly. He giggled in response.

I took a bite of the sweet cakes in my mouth.

"We're going to the Zoo today." Clifford informed me.

I loved animals. I was excited like a little child.

"Yay! " I cheered.

I'm such a goofball.

"These pancakes are really good Danyel." I complemented her.

"Thank you baby." she smile.

I finished my breakfast and went to get ready. I showered up and did my routine then looked for a comfortable outfit. I found a floral crop top and some overall-shorts. I threw it on and put my hair into a sloppy bun.

I went towards Cameron's room. His room was painted sea foam green with animals on the wall. It was a jungle theme. Danyel sat in a chair rocking him to sleep.

"You and Cameroni coming?" I asked.

"No baby, this is a day with your father. We're all doing something tomorrow together." she said.

"Alright. I didn't mind if you came. I actually like you." I admitted.

"Thank you. Cameron and I like you here too."

Cameron flashed a smile.

My father called me from downstairs.

"Well I'll see y'all later. " I said, exiting the room.

We got into the car and drove to the zoo. We walked in and the smell of fried foods and animals filled my nose. The first thing I saw were the flamingos.

"Clifford come on. I gotta take a picture with them!" I squealed.

I took pictures posing 90s rapper poses. Clifford laughed at me. We fed them and one tried to eat his shirt.

We went on to see the hedgehogs. I LOVED them. I got to hold the baby hedgehog. I named him Sonic of course.

We stopped by the penguin exhibit. We watched them dive into the water to catch there food.

Next was the Lion, Tigers, Gorillas , and bears exhibits.

Clifford and I took pictures together and a tiger came up closer to the edge of the habitat and looked me in the eyes. It didn't roar or claw at me. She just looked at me and backed away. Clifford took a picture of it. I felt like this tiger felt my pain or something.

We looked at the Lions, gorillas and bears.

We then sat down in the lunch area were the parrots flew around us.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Clifford asked. I nodded.

"Oh my gah, YES! I love the zoo. I love animals." I smiled.