Part Six

~Sleep Here~

*Same night*

~Aaron

After about 30 minutes of waiting and crying into Chandlers chest the lady calls us.

"Roggers family." The lady says and we slowly walk to the desk.

Chandlers hand let's go of my hand and I look at him. I need him with me.

"I um I'll wait if you need me to." He stands back a little.

"Chandler I really need the support." I sniffle.

"Okay." He gives a warming smile.

We intertwine fingers and inhale deeply. We walk to the elevator and find the floor. We walk down the silent hallway.

"210....212....214....216 here we are." The nurse smiles.

We slowly open the door and are shocked and heart broken. He has a full arm cast on his right arm , a foot cast on his right foot , a neck brace , stitches down his face on the right side , stitches on his left and right leg , and cuts and bruises everywhere on his face and arm.

"Oh gosh Austin baby." My mom falls to her knees beside his bed.

"Mom I'll be okay." He whispers very dry sounding.

"Austin.." I was speechless.

Chandler just stood next to the door silently.

"What's all wrong?" Mom asks the nurse worried.

"Well the bone in his forearm is completely snapped , his elbow isn't fully attached , his ankle his disconnected from his foot bone , a vertebrae in his neck is slightly damaged , and he has a mild concussion." She says with a slight smile trying to warm the mood.

The hell is she so damn happy about? My brother could fucking die and you're over here smiling like a pissed off ape.

My mom just sat there holding his hand and soothing him.

"I'm sorry but we only have ten minutes until visiting hours are over. Only one of you can stay the night. Sorry hospital policy." She tries to not be enthusiastic.

"I would hate for you to stay a home alone with such a night you had." My mom looks at me in worry.

"No it's fine I'll be okay." I sigh.

I go over to Austin and hold his non casted hand.

"I love you buddy. I will see you as soon as possible." I exhale.

"I love you too." He slightly smiles.

Chandler and I walk out of the room and leave the hospital.

" Hey I am so sorry about Austin. I understand how close you two are." Chandler says driving down the road.

"I was just so scared something happened. Austin and I have a bond that I don't have with anyone else." I sigh and lean my head back.

"Yeah I understand I can see you are very close with him." He tries to soothe me.

"Look I am sorry we didn't get to have our date." I look at him in disappointment.

"No it's fine we can always make more plans." He smirks.

"Yeah." I smile.