Chapter Thirty-Four- Cold Desert

-Told me you loved me, that I'd never die alone, hand over your heart, let's go home-
............

Everything that just occurred was like a stab to the chest. Quick and terrifying.

I jump out of the ambulance after they run inside with Danny on the stretcher.

I wasn't leaving him.

"Is he going to be okay?! What's happening?! Will somebody fucking say something?!" I scream out, looking around frantically. I needed someone to tell me he was going to be okay.

"Calm down Miss Poynter, please take a seat" One of the nurses instruct, trying to place me down.

I fight against her, I push her and try to force myself up and away from being restrained.

"Please tell me he'll be okay...." I plead, falling to my knees, letting everything that just happened start to sink in. One minute he was fine... talking to me and now we're here, in a hospital and he's not okay...

It was becoming real and it scared me to death.

"Can you please phone my friends, they don't know we are here" I beg. "I need to phone my friends I... I need to have them here" I stand up shakily, the nurse holding onto my unsteady body.

"Sure love, do you have the numbers?" I nod slowly as she guides me carefully up to the desk.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, the kind nurse offered to do it for me.

.............................

The sound of the doors being pushed open echoes from the room we were in, footsteps charging near repeat in my head. I couldn't let Danny out of my sight, I didn't move.

"Eve!" I snap my head around to see Dougie leading the gang through.

I stand up as he quickly hugs me.

"What's happening?" Tom asks, out of breath. He throws his jacket off and nervously rolls up his sleeves. I could see the fear falling from his face.

"W-we were crossing, we were laughing and I-I didn't see it coming. It came out of nowhere" I shakily breathe. I felt sick.

Violently ill.

.........................

"I told him he shouldn't have gone!!" Georgia shrieks, making everything ten times more stressful than it needed to be.

She's annoying me already and it's only been a second.

"I can't believe this is happening" Gi sighs, sitting on the chair.

"Is he gonna be okay? What's happening?" Iz asks.

"Those bastards won't tell me anything, you would have thought doctors would be more eager to help and understand your situation" I mumble.

I obviously didn't mean it, I know everything the doctors and the nurses do is to help and I appreciate them very much. I just can't sit here and let my mind play all these horrible scenarios over and over, I need to know he's going to be okay.

Two painfully long days later.

Two days. Two fucking days and not one single word about how he's doing.

All we've heard is "he's stable" or "He's coping for the mean time", if I hear "I think you all should get some rest and we'll notify you if anything happens" again, I think I was going to have a breakdown.

Can you believe that? While we're sat here on our arses, begging for some kind of helpful information Danny is unresponsive in a hospital room... unconscious. How would we know if he was okay? That's the thing we don't know anything.