Chapter Forty- Medicine

Pick it up, pick it all up
                         And start again
                You've got a second chance
                     You could go home
                           Escape it all
                      It's just irrelevant
                      It's just medicine

Our mouths were agape, the silence in the room was worrying. My heart was pounding roughly in my chest, it actually caused me pain. 

We both had realized what we had done, Harry and Tom looked disappointed in us and it was understandable.

Danny's eyes flicker back up to me and then quickly away again as he rubs his top lip slowly as if he's trying to figure something out. 

"I...I need to go" He then manages to mumble before grabbing the jacket he had thrown on my bed and walking out of my room. 

Fuck. Fuck. Why do you have to be such a fucking idiot all the time, you couldn't just let him be happy could you?! 

My body slumps down on the side of my bed just as Tom sighs. That kiss.... winded me. My finger traces my lips, where his lips had just been....

"I'll go after Danny" Tom sighs tiredly.

"'Mate I think you'll need clothes" Harry points out.

"No time" Tom yawns, moving his hands in a 'whatever' manner before leaving the room.

I look up to see Harry looking down at me sympathetically. 

I scoff. "Don't give me that look Harry, I'm sick of people giving me that face" 

Harry sighs before walking over tiredly and slumping himself down next to me.

"So are you going to tell me what happened just there?" He asks, avoiding looking at me directly. 

"We were just having an argument, we both couldn't sleep and Danny's been off for days, you must have noticed it. He's just not been laughing as much as he does and I questioned him and he got angry and then he said something that hurt me and I... what the fuck am I doing? I shouldn't be explaining myself to anyone" I chuckle dryly to myself before standing up and putting my trainers on.

"Eve... what are you doing" Harry sighs, rubbing his face. 

"I need some air, I'm going out to get some air" I tell him, feeling myself get all worked up. I head for my door and walk out into the living room.

"Come on Eve just come to bed, don't g...." 

"Don't make a drama about this Harry. I need some air" I respond sharply, giving him one of those deadly looks. 

He knew right then to back off. I reach for my keys and take the cup of tea waiting for me on the counter and I walk out.

My eyes were glued to the screen as the chronicles of narnia played out to the empty cinema, maybe everyone had decided on seeing star wars but of course me and Danny didn't. 

We came to one of the ending scenes when they arrive back from narnia and the expressions on their face showed a loss they felt they would never experience again. 

Just as I was getting lost in the film, I felt Danny's arm wrap around my waist, my eyes slowly turn to him, watching him being just as lost in the film as I was, it brought a smile to my face.