Chapter Fifty Five- We Were Only Kids.

We were only kids last night
Open, sweet taste of heartache
The lipstick heart around our names
From the beds that we dream it in
To the cars that we slept in
Getting kicks on the corner
Swore that we would never give up our life.

Halloween night, 2008.

Halloween night and of course Danny and the boys were all going to be those typical annoying boys who went around and toilet papered peoples houses and threw eggs. 

I obviously was not taking part in this because I'm not a dickhead. 

I walk into the house to see them all tucked around the table, scheming as they usually were.

 They didn't even notice me come in so I decided to have a bit of fun with this. 

I reach in my bag and grab out of the masks I had brought them for Halloween that had a deformed witch in the front and if you ask me it was pretty scary. 

I slowly hold it over my face as I tiptoe around to stand behind Dougie, it took a minute before Harry eyes met the witches and he screamed, jumping off of his seat as the other boys look up and react the same. 

I burst out into giggles as I lower the masks to see all their terrified expressions and their hands on their chests.

"That's not funny" Tom slaps my arm playfully. "My heart fucking went"

"What are you all doing?" I question as I peak over a sketch of what houses they were planning on hitting.

"Just our targets" Danny claps his hands happily as he walks over and pecks my lip.

"You seriously aren't going ahead with this are you?" I groan just as I hear a "oh they are" I turn to see Gi on the couch as I sigh in relief.

"Thank fuck you're here Missy" I walk around to give her a massive cuddle before sitting beside her.

"Izzy should be here in a bit" Harry calls as they all huddle together and continue their planning.

"I say we just go clubbing" Gi jokes as I burst out laughing.

"You know what? I think you're right. Maybe we should go with them to one house and then just flee off" I explain.

"I like your thinking, they won't see it coming."

Gi and I just sit on the couch and catch up on good times, I haven't seen her in a while so this was needed.

"Okay Eve... we'd like you to stand up and try and walk around for a wee bit, just to make sure everything's working well" Doctor Ramos explains as I nod slowly sitting up, squinting my face as a pain shoots all the way up my side area. 

Doug holds out both his hands as I take them both. 

"Okay and try and stand" The doctor observes as I cry out in pain as I try to push my body upwards.

 It hurt so much. I could barely stand it. I felt stupid, that I couldn't do the simplest of tasks, I think Doug noticed because his smile turned into a slight frown.

"Hey beanie look at me..." Dougie instructs. I look up at him. 

"I'm going to help you up okay, just hold onto me" He explains as I nod. He almost hugs me, he wraps a strong arm around my waist, my face resting on his shoulder as he slowly pulls my body up. I grunt in pain as I feel myself fully stand up, my grip on Dougie's back tightening. The doctor nods slowly.