Chapter Five

"You have arrived at your destination." The GPS in Dillion's truck relayed the obvious.

"Thank you, Priscilla." Dillion said to the GPS, turning off the ignition.

"Priscilla?" Maleena chuckled when Dillion opened the door for her, offering her a hand down.

"Yeah. What's wrong with Priscilla?" Dillion asked, dropping her hand.

"Well, nothing I guess, but as nice of a truck as 'Priscilla' is, I would have expected a more...I don't know...rebellious, bolder name?" Maleena replied, looking at Dillion.

"A more, rebellious, bolder name, huh? What kind of name were you thinkin'?" Dillion stuck his hands into his pockets as him and Maleena slowly walked forward, towards the information bulletin board to pick up a map.

"You're gonna let me name your truck?" Maleena asked, letting out a chuckle.

"Why not? That way I will always think of you whenever I get in my truck." Dillion smiled that cockeyed smile that Maleena was really beginning to love.

"Alright. Hmm...how about the name Roxie?"

"Roxie?" Dillion repeated. "Honestly reminds me of a dog's name, but I like it. Her new name is Roxie." Dillion replied, stopping in front of the bulletin board.

"I mean Priscilla, really?" Maleena teased Dillion.

"It was the first name I could think of when I got her." Dillion quickly defended.

"Priscilla sounds like a dog name. Seriously, I picture a fluffy white poodle whenever I hear that name. Roxie, on the other hand, reminds me of something tough and rebellious...like your truck."

"Alright, Missy. Since you're in such a sassy mood, why don't you pick out which trail you would like to walk on." Dillion said, handing Maleena the open trail map.

Maleena looked over the map before deciding on a three-quarter of a mile long trail. Handing the map back to Dillion, Maleena said with a smile, "By the way, if you think that what I said was sassy, then wait till you get to know me better."

"I look forward to it." Dillion smiled that "rebel child" grin. Turning sideways, Dillion held out his hand, tilting his head to the side. "Come on, miss sassy sass. We have a trail to go on."

Chuckling, Maleena grabbed Dillion's hand, walking forward with him. She loved the way her hand felt in his, especially when he interlaced their fingers. His hand wasn't as rough as she expected, but if his truck spoke for his home life, Dillion doesn't have to work around the ranch as much as she has to.

After walking for a couple minutes around the large park, Dillion and Maleena finally arrived at the trail entrance. Stopping by the sign, Dillion pulled out his phone, dropping Maleena's hand. "What are you doing?" Maleena asked, watching Dillion walk around the sign, holding his phone in the air.

"I wanna take a picture with you, but I'm trying to find the best angle." Dillion replied, eventually seeming satisfied with "the angle" of the camera when he took a seat on a tall rock, beside the sign. "Here, come here." Dillion motioned for Maleena to come over to him. Maleena stood next to Dillion, leaning in close to him. She still was not in the frame of the picture, however. "Here, come a little closer." Dillion said, moving his phone slightly. "Okay, here, I have an idea." Dillion said, patting his lap. "Take a seat." There was that one sided grin.

"You want me to sit on your lap?" Maleena asked with a smile. She was already having so much fun with Dillion. He just seemed like the type of guy who was so easy going; she felt like she had already known him for a long time, not just a couple days.