#2

17th Nov 2007-

We were in Karnataka for the regional sports meet. It was chilly and cold out there. All the athletes were already up on time before me. My mom had warned me not to run but I wanted to because I couldn't tell when would be my last run? I wanted to feel the edge of the air on my face when I shoot through the track.

The place where we stayed was a beautiful hill station. I wore my jersey and hurried to the stadium which was mostly covered with fog. People on the other side of the stadium were camouflaged in the fog. I liked that weather. It reminded me of my visit to Meghalaya 3 years back .

The nature is a poet, a romantic poet indeed . And When I think of romance, how can I not think of Randhir ? I imagined myself walking with him in a weather like this. Fully covered with gloves and scarf, laughing at the smoke that comes out when we speak...

"Thinking about me?", I was startled by the voice.

"Why would I think of you?" , I lied.

"Because you were missing me"

He was so damn right. It was such a confident reply. Can he read my mind?

"What!!!! No... why would I ", I tried to defend myself.

" A girl walking alone in a romantic morning, admiring the beauty of nature, imagining herself with a loved one and smiling on her own would surely be missing someone . And in your case that someone is me", he grinned.

I stopped walking and gave him a cold reply ,
"You are just assuming things."

He can read me... The very thought made me feel happy from inside.

"Hmm... it's ok if you are so shy to accept the truth. I can understand."

"Why on earth are you behind me Ron ? I mean Randhir " the word just slipped out of my mouth and he gave me my favourite smile.

"Please continue Ms Sanyukta Aggarwal ."

"Yeah. I was asking .... why are you doing all this . Can't you see , there are so many pretty girls out there drooling over you in your own class? I thought you see yourself in mirror. I am not that pretty either " , that was the dumbest reason I could come up with.

"Oh, that means you think I am good looking", he smirked at me.

"Yes" I admitted. "But I don't care if you are good looking or not "

"Whether you care or you don't care but I am good looking according to you . Ain't I? Then what's your problem ?"

"I should be the one asking that question", I retorted back.

"Sanyukta, I want an answer or an explanation from you and not a question", he said in a serious tone.

"Ok. Then Listen. I can't. Because I am still in high school and I am too young for such stuff ", I replied.

"Oh Is it? Don't tell me you are so small that you haven't hit your puberty yet.", he mocked at me.

"What Nonsense..."

"No. It makes sense. I know you are big enough to be the mother of my children"

I so wanted that to be true. I wanted it to be like that. To be the mother of his children. The ones who would resemble him. But there is always a BUT in my case.

I started walking in the opposite direction . I wanted to show it to him that I am done with his stupid talk. But the truth was I didn't want him to see me blush with reddened cheeks.

He came walking behind me...

"Wait Sanyukta . I know you are a faster runner than Me." that was an exaggeration. "You know something... Guess who will be the female master of ceremony for this year?"

"I don't know" I said pacing up towards the locker room.

"You can try a guess", he said matching up my speed.

"Hmm... Shanaya ?", I said

"Wrong. I'll give you a clue. She is someone you will be jealous of seeing with me." Suddenly I was curious. I wanted to know who she was.

"Who is it?", I asked suppressing my anger.

He started chuckling, "I knew this"'

"What?"

"That you are already feeling jealous of an unknown girl and you are curious to know about her", he replied.

"Stop assuming Randhir ..." I yelled irritatedly. "Yes , I was curious about that unfortunate girl but I don't get jealous of anyone because of you."

"Its a fact, Sanyukta. You do get jealous on seeing me with someone else. Well, You better accept me because I don't want you to regret it later. " he said winking an eye at me.

I opened my mouth to tell something rather shout at him but his phone started buzzing .

"Ha Parth, I'm coming... Tell him am still in the room...You know where I am..." he spoke on his phone smiling at me.

I could smile back at him but not for long. I was terrified at the thought of his smile turning into tears.

"So What have you decided? Are you going to accept me or not?", he said looking at me after disconnecting the call.

"Stop joking"

"Ok, let's go. Vardhan sir is already on his highest temperature even in such a cold weather ", he said as we started jogging towards the stadium.

****************************************************************************************

Well guys it's 1:00 Am .... I'm tooo sleepy. I'll give the next part tomorrow.

I hope you like it .

Ignore grammar.

My eyes are half closed.😴😴

~farah~