#8

"Sanyukta , on Friday we are leaving by 4 o'clock in the morning", my mom said sitting on my bed. I didn't ask her why. Our appointment with doctor uncle was usually too early in the morning. 4 o clock was better. The first time we went to him, it was 3 AM.

"You know Sanyukta ... you were never afraid of anything when you were a child. You always did what you loved. I hope it's still the same", she said gently pressing my forehead.

"Haan Maa ... everything is still the same. You know me . I do what I actually should do" , I said thinking about Randhir .

"Yes my child ,I know. But Don't you think there is a lot of gap between - what we should do and what we love to do??? And If both of them are same and right then what's the harm in doing it?", mom said with a smile.

"I didn't understand" , I said making a face to light up the mood , just in case if this conversation is taking a different direction.

"I thought my sanyu is big enough to understand.", she chuckled and continued. "What I mean is - enjoy your life, Sanyukta . Do what you should and love to do. They both are the same."

My mother is someone with less words and more hidden meanings. She looks calm and strong in front me but I know what it means to a mother , when she knows that her child's life may end any time.

"I will Maa , how were your classes today? Any new developments in that site excavation? Tell me what all you found?" , I changed the topic without wanting to get us upset with any further talk about me.

My mother works as a professor of archaeology. I love to hear the stories behind the ancient objects found beneath the earth. Even a small hair pin can tell a long story about the types and habitats of the people living there once upon a time. It's not that I always get to chat with her. Most of the time she is busy reading or teaching at university or at sites.

My Mom n Dad were  childhood friends, neighbours, and classmates till degree and eventually they got married. Theirs was such a wonderful story . Both of them are totally different in their ideas, opinions , likes & dislikes yet so similar as one. It's a wonder how and why always opposites get attracted.

When I was young, mom was pursuing her PhD . I was taken care of , by my papa. It was always lively and outgoing with papa . He used to go abroad for his business trips because of which I got to fly to many places and explore the world.

"That's enough for today. You have a program tomorrow I don't want you to get dark circles.
Go to sleep " , I heard my mom.

Oh! I missed her exploring theories as I was busy thinking about mamma papa's love story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Call your team now, immediately! Where is Shivani ? Ask her to come here soon" , Vardhan sir yelled at me without taking his eyes off the events table that were about to start. I left the event sheet assigned to me on the table and got down the stairs in search of Shivani.

The most awaited day had come. I was one of the two masters of the event of the ceremony. I wore a green saree and looked pretty in it. I was more than happy because every year only a plus 2 student was selected to do such an honour. Yeah! It was an honour because many other prestigious school were also participating. I was lucky to be the one to lead the program as a host in front of more than 2000 students from across the city.

Once all students were aligned in a line on the big playground, I was ready with my words on the mic announcing the commencement of the march-past. The rhythmic drum beats gave a sense of patriotism. The entire noisy stadium became silent. And my announcement for each school began.

"St Ann's girl's high school is led by the school representative Ms.Gracy Singh.... Global wisdom International school is led by the school captain Mr. Karan Grover... Followed by Delhi public school , led by the minister of students , Mr. Randhir Shekhawat.", I announced as the marching group passed by the guest of honour of the program.

The leaders of the respective groups commanded their groups to salute to the guest on the stage. And to my surprise I saw Randhir directly staring at me as he saluted.

***************************************************************************************

Unedited part... Ignore mistakes...

This story is on #7 in paranormal category today. Thank you so much for all the love and appreciation..

Love you all sooooo much.

-Farah-