#10

This one is for you @divya011995 and @TaniyaTaniya0
*******************************************

I really didn't know why he used to run behind me when there were so many girls in school who were dying to get his attention. Many of them were charmingly attractive and had a good future ahead Whereas I was uncertain of my upcoming days.

Shanaya was known to be the most beautiful girl in school and there he avoided her just with a meaningless "thanks". He sat on the table kept nearby with his face towards me.

"So tell me, why you don't like me?" he asked me with an expressionless face. The back stage was literally filled up with students. It was noisy . I could hear the song being played on the stage. Just then, a guy who was one of the union heads of the school, passed by winking at Randhir , trying to convey something to which Randhir blushed. His white cheeks became pink, covered with small black dots of his shaven beard. I was actually feeling the blood rushing into his cheeks .

"You are staring" , he smirked looking back at me. I realised that the feel of blood rushing to cheeks was my own and felt shy all of a sudden.

"You are blushing!" he said it out loud drawing the attention of  the primary section children who were playing around us .

As I looked away to avoid his eyes, he caught hold of my hand. I felt his hands on mine. His touch was so true... it was all real. A reality of present that would be a dream tomorrow. Then a sudden realisation dawned on me. I couldn't let myself feel this for the sake of his happiness. Tears blurred my vision. I wanted to escape from this. For the first time in these years I finally showed him I was weak.

His smile vanished as he saw my tears. I hated myself for it.

"Please..." , I said looking at his hands through my tears.

He left it. I don't know why but I felt miserable at that moment . He sat there puzzled as I walked past him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day we were sitting in the canteen.

"I want butter milk" , I told Parth .

"Sandwich for me" said Arpita.

"When are the results of painting competition?", Parth asked .

"Don't know. But we all know Miss Perfect Aggarwal will hit the first place.", Arpita replied.

"Stop calling me by that , Arpita. I'm not perfect ", I retorted back.

" Your wish is my command... MY LADY ", she winked at me playfully. I knew where it came from... Parth . He was right there when Randhir called me that.

"......." I just stared at her without replying.

"Why do you pretend Sanyukta ..?" she asked with concern in her eyes. I wish I could tell her about my situation. But by then she was in relationship with Parth , who was a close friend of Randhir .

I don't know if people have seen me and Randhir together in the previous day's programme. Most of the students knew about mine and Randhir's not –sure-relationship. They even knew that I was the one who was running away from him. It would be embarrassing ,if anyone saw us yesterday. The pride of the school in tears, pleading a guy to leave her... I surely needed to get away from him. It was becoming complicated every day. I needed to do something about it.

Parth came back with the trays and We ate in silence. Arpita and Parth were looking into each other's eyes. I felt happy for them. I didn't feel like disturbing them. I suddenly started getting hiccups which brought Parth and Arpita out of their trance.

I remembered my granny saying: we get hiccups on the most unexpected time if someone close to our heart is thinking about us. I smiled at my granny's unscientific knowledge. But then I saw him sitting on the corner table staring at me. He was Staring at me as if I was the only thing he could see. He wasn't even bothered about the people around us. That stare... I just wanted him to stare at me for hours like this... but...

Arpita started laughing at me and so did Parth.

Later, Parth called out Randhir and asked him to join our table. I didn't want to give myself a chance of being near him. As soon as he came and took a seat next to my chair, I got up, picked my bag and left the canteen..

****************************************************************************************
Aaj bohot pakaa Diya tum sabko.. This is the fourth update today. Don't know what's wrong with me .. 😂😂😂😂

Isse pehle ki you all start throwing rotten tomatoes and eggs on me ... I better run away ...

Good night Everyone ...