Chapter Five

Barbra pointed to the big screen on the side of her and I was glad to see it was just the girls and I walking into the venue. I let out a sigh in relief, unclenching my hands. My tensed shoulders relaxed as I just smiled and shakily laughed.

"But this is my favorite one," the interviewer clicked a button on a remote to change the photo on the screen. I looked up at it broke out into a fit of laughter. It was a picture of me taking off my heels, Allie wearing an angry expression on her face. We all laughed and I smiled at the picture.

Barbra turned to us, "What's going on here, Alex?" She teased me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Just hear me out, high heels hurt," I stated simply, leaning back into my seat.

"Okay, please explain this to me," and there it was, the photo of Harry and I. I tried to hide my anger with a smile. The crowd erupted into 'ooh's and I kind of just wanted to die in that moment. "Are you guys dating?"

I quickly shook my head, "No, of course not! I'm sixteen." I could see the smirk on Barbra's face when I said that.

"But would you date him, don't you think he's a bit cute?" Barbra laughed.

"He's handsome, but I don't plan on dating anyone three years older than I am anytime soon."

"It's official guys, you heard her, Alex has confirmed that they are not dating!" The crowd clapped for a reason I didn't know. "So... How's your knew album coming along?"

••

I threw myself onto the living room couch after the long interview. Most of it was spent by her asking us random questions or clearing up some rumors, overall, it was amazing. I ran into the house before the girls because I was exhausted! After a few seconds of me staring up at the bland, white ceiling, the girls finally walked in.

"Here, you left your phone in the van. Oh, and you got a text," Katy threw my mobile onto my stomach and went straight to the open kitchen along with Allie. Valerie sat next to me, lifting up my legs and then dropping them onto her lap.

I checked the unread message and saw that it was an unknown number, it was only sent five minutes ago.

From: Unknown

Hey, it's Harry

I saved his number in my contacts, trying to hiding my smile.

From: Alex

Hi! How did you get my number...?

From: Harrrrrry

I know some people ;) Anyways, meet me at the park near Bill's Ice Cream Parlor at 4. Don't ask why just show up, ok? Ok

My brow raised in confusion, laughing and shaking my head. I looked at the time, 3:20, I have time to kill.

I felt a slap on my thigh, making me yelp in surprise. "Alex! What's wrong," Valerie asked.

"What?" I sat up a bit, using my elbows as support.

"You're quiet, too quiet. Something's off, I know it."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing's wrong, Harry just asked me to meet him at a park, but I don't know why."

"As in a date!?" Valerie exclaimed/asked and that caused Allie and Katy to pop their heads out of the refrigerator door.

They ran towards me, "You're going on a date? With who?" They questioned.

"It's not a date! I'm just meeting Harry somewhere..."