Chapter Fourteen

I looked up towards the tall buildings of Times Square in awe. They made me feel so tiny, like the people in the buildings wouldn't even notice me. I've only visited New York once before but that was months ago, I didn't remember how beautiful the city was. Everything seemed so rushed, it somehow soothed me. All the businessmen and women running late to work, frantic people hauling for taxis, the new and upcoming artists singing with their guitar cases open and waiting for spare change to be dropped into them.

I was here with Allie, Katy, Valerie, Noel, Mark, and James being tourists for the day before we actually started working in the studio tomorrow. Luckily, there were no paps or fans surrounding us due to our lame excuses for a disguise, sunglasses and a hat.

I wore my favorite red and black Snap Back, Valerie and Allie wearing beanies, while Katy and Noel wore stylish floppy hats. James and Mark were the only ones to not have cover ups, which I found unfair.

"This is just incredible," I stated with my mouth open.

Valerie nodded in agreement, "It's amazing."

"Well this is the last attraction we're going to, what was your favorite? Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Empire State Building, or here?" James asked all of us as if we were kids on a field trip.

I was the first one to speak, "Oh it's definitely got to be here! It's right up my alley!"

"Mine was the statue," Valerie answered.

"That was my favorite too! It's so cool!" Katy exclaimed. Valerie and Katy high-fived childishly.

Mark and Noel spoke at the same time, "I liked Central Park."

"I thought the Empire State Building was pretty cool, so I guess that was my favorite," James stated and we all sat at a small table with some of us standing.

We all began to chat carelessly, not really talking about anything important, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to see the green eyes I recognized instantly.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck and hugged him as his arms squeezed my from my waist. I had to be on my tip toes to be able to hug him like that, but I didn't really mind.

Harry chuckled softly, "Hey Alex."

I pulled away from him and straightened my shirt out in an attempt to fix it, "What are you doing her? Are you stalking me now?" I knew I had six pairs of eyes on me as I had interrupted the conversation abruptly, I ignored them for the mean while.

"I'm here with the boys for interviews and what-not, so no, I'm not stalking you," He laughed and waved at the intense people staring at us. "What are you doing in New York City?"

I gestured to the people behind my, "Well I'm here with them and we're starting the tour here. So that should be fun." Someone coughed purposely behind me and I remembered I had to be polite and introduce them to Harry, "You know the girls. But there's Noel, our opening act, and Mark and James who are our security guards." I pointed to each of them and Harry shook their hands individually, saying 'hi' while doing so.

"Nice to meet you," Harry smiled, clasping his hands in front of him, "Well Alex, I was wondering if you would like to walk around with me - that is if your group doesn't mind."

I look behind me at my friends, asking for approval. They nodded and just before I turned to Harry I saw Valerie give me a thumbs up. "I would love to."

••

Harry and I had spent the rest of the day walking around and basically just talking. It was now around dinner time and I had promised the girls and Noel to have dinner with them.