Chapter Nine

"Bye, James. Have a fun time with your family in Nebraska!" I hugged James, whispering into the collar of his shirt.

"I'll miss you, Alex." He pulled away and smiled at me. I turned towards Allen, saying a good-bye to him.

The girls hugged the two security guards as well, but it all ended when we heard the bland voice of a nasally woman on the intercom, "Plane to San Francisco, California is now boarding."

The girls and I made our way to our plane, holding our carry-ons over our shoulders.

I settled into my seat, looking out the window as our private plane took off. The buildings of L.A. we're getting smaller and smaller, the people of the city looking like little ants. I smiled as I leaned back into my seat, fluttering my eyes shut as I whispered, "Lets go home..."

••

"Dad!" I cried out as I spotted my dad in the crowded terminal. He turned at my voice, a wide grin spread across his face. I leaped towards him, leaving my bags with the girls who were still looking for their family members. Once I was in front of him, I wrapped my arms around my dad's torso and whispered into his chest, "I missed you."

"I've missed you too, sweetie," he chuckled as we pulled away from the hug.

I lead him to where I previously was with the girls, taking hold of my luggages, "I want to wait until the girls leave with their family."

Valerie, Katy, and Allie greeted my dad with a smile as we waited. Our hoods were pulled up and we had sunglasses covering our eyes so fans wouldn't find us. It wasn't long until the girls' parents got there. My dad and I left shortly after, driving off.

"We're going to your mom's house first, you'll stay there for three days and two days with me in Oakland," my dad spoke, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Will I see Cynthia and Penny?" I said, wondering if I will see my two stepsisters when I get to Oakland. "Is Arabella going too?"

"Of course, they're excited to see you after all these months. And yes, Arabella will go to Oakland too, she wants to spend as much time as she can with you."

I smiled, picturing the upcoming week with my family. My dad parked on the driveway of my mom's house. I peeked through the windows, all the lights were off and no one seemed to be home. My forehead creased and I felt an ache in my chest, did they really not care about my arrival? I've been gone for almost a whole year and I barely had time to call them, maybe just two or three times a week.

I walked onto the porch, twisting the doorknob and pushed the dark red door open. I began to scan the room but I jumped in shock when the lights flicked on and people popped out from their hiding places.

"Surprise!"

I couldn't wipe the smile on my face as I saw my family and friends standing before me with party hats and those kazoo things for birthdays. All of my loved ones began to crowd me and told me things like 'You're so pretty now!' Or 'Congratulations on your success'. I thanked them and the swarm of people faded away.

"Hey sissy," I heard someone laugh behind me. I swiftly turned around being met face-to-face with my younger sister, Arabella.

Even with her being fifteen, she always managed to hold the older sister role. We've always been close to each other, since we were sisters we never went anywhere without one another.

"Arabella!" I cooed hugging her tight.

She hugged me back, "Alex!"

We began to compliment each other, talking about how we've grown. I left her after talking about how she was doing in school, hearing my mothers high pitched voice.

"Alexandra, how are you?" Her voice ringing in my ears. I hugged her, with an 'I'm good', not wanting to have her worrying about me. "How's LA been treating you?"

"It's great there, Mom. The people are so nice," I gushed.

My mom grinned, "That's good. Where are you going first for your tour?"

"New York!" I smiled and giggled.

"I'm very proud of you. You're so grown up now, but you'll always be my little baby," she kissed my cheek before heading off to mingle with other people.

I made my way to the table filled with all my favorite finger foods, drinks, and sweets. I hummed a tune I heard on the radio in the car earlier, moving my head with the beat.

"Hey there, Alex," I froze in my spot and mentally cursed to myself. I slowly pivoted on my foot, meeting Cassandra's harsh gaze.

I rolled my eyes, my fists tightening, "What are you doing here?" I spat at her.

She pretended to gasp, "Is that how you treat your friends, Alexandra?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "What do you want?"

"Nothing. You know your mom invited me here. I would've thought you told her about our history, I can't believe she still thinks we're the best of friends," she scoffed, "so oblivious."

I stared at her, she's changed. Her hair was no longer the light brown it used to be, now platinum blond. Her orange skin was obviously sprayed on, seeing as our city barely had any sun and mostly fog. She wore a small crop top, a skirt that had her butt hanging out, and flip flops. She looked as if she were it were ninety degrees, when really it was fifty. I can't believe we used to be best friends two years ago.

"I think you should just leave," my hands gesturing to the front door.

She held her nose in the air, "Fine, I'll be back."

I rolled my eyes, resuming what I was doing before. I grabbed a red, plastic cup and poured in Sprite. I look a sip of the refreshing liquid, and tilted my head back in stress. I looked around room, spotting Arabella chatting with one of my best friends, Andy.

I began to walk over to them when I stopped suddenly. The sight made me go into a frenzy - my younger sister and one of my best friends kissing.

"What!?" I jumped in a circle around them, excited. "When did this happen?"

They were pale, but their cheeks were blushing pink. Andy stuttered, "A couple of months ago..."

Arabella rubbed the back of her neck as I stared at them in shock, "Why didn't you tell me?!" I shook her shoulders and laughed.

"It never came up and I was going to tell you after the party," she bit her lip.

I looked at both of them with an evil smirk, "Arabella, leave us. I need to have a chat with your little boyfriend here." She nodded and left obediently. As soon as she wasn't in sight I punched Andy in the arm, "You Asshole! How could you date my little sister?"

"Ow!" He rubbed the spot where I abused him, "Well we talked a lot after you left here a couple of months ago. I asked her out three months ago."

I flung my arms around his neck, rocking from side to side, "Awe! Wittle Andy has a girl friend," I teased him as he shoved me off of him.

"Stop that!"

I laughed as we caught up on what's new with our lives. I told him about our upcoming tour and he spoke about how he's already thinking about college. I know I want to go to college, but I don't really know if my career will last long or not.

The party ended three hours after at ten. I was lucky to not have jet lag, but I was tired since I didn't sleep on the only two hour flight.

I smiled at my old bedroom, looking at old photos of Arabella and I that sat on my dresser. Without even changing - seeing that my sweats and tank top were comfortable for pjs - I was off like a switch.

A.N. heeeey so I decided to make a long chapter because of the that one since it was really short. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE OH AND RECOMMEND BC I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOO MUCH! XOXO

Love Always,

ArielZona