Chapter 10.3: One last note

Part III

February 3, 2010 7:08 pm

Dear Future Self,

How's life? Has it become difficult, or easy? I guess it would be difficult.

Do you have a girlfriend? If so, who? Maybe it's a really pretty girl. I like the name Katie, just like mom. I think the name Katie is really, really beautiful.

If my girlfriend is reading this for some reason, maybe you showed it to her or she must have found it, Hi! My handwriting is kind of bad, but I hope you understand this.

I know this is cringy, but I know what I'm doing. I'm not a child anymore, I'm like, a tween? I don't know. I'm only seven, but I must say, I'm very, very smart. You might disagree, but who cares about your opinion? Joking.

Treat everyone well, don't be just like the boys in school that are just bullies to make themselves feel better. Be a loyal, kind boy. You might become famous because of that.

I don't know if this is long enough, but I'll keep on going.

If you ever feel depressed, think about the good times you had. Maybe somehow it will make you feel better.

Maybe you're reading this because you found it, or you're just bored.

Do your best in everything, and if you don't succeed, try again. You always have chances.

I guess this is long enough. It's almost 10 pm, my bedtime. I spent three hours writing this and thinking of what to say. DON'T YOU EVER THROW THIS! YOU'RE DEAD IF YOU DO! I'LL GIVE YOU A HUGE SLAP IN THE HEAD!

One last thing: Don't you ever hurt your girlfriend, okay? She'll get very miserable. Don't hit girls.

Goodbye.

-- Caleb Logan Leblanc

He's really wise and intelligent for a seven year old, jeez.

I smiled and placed it on top of his clothes. Now, the next one.

To: Katie

From: Caleb

October 1st, 2020, 4:10 am

Hi, Katie.

First off, why are you looking in my special drawer? How did you find this? You little rebel. But I still love you very much.

This is my last day, I could tell. My chest is hurting really badly, and I didn't want to tell you or any one. It's going to make you all worried about me. And I hate people worrying about me getting sick.

Gosh, when does this pain stop?

Anyway, I won't make this very sad, because you're already crying. So please, stop crying, for me?

I'm sorry for doing the things I know you'll get mad or jealous, I'm sorry for doing the things I know that will harm me or you or our families, and I'm sorry for not telling you about the frequent pain in my chest.

I didn't want to stress you out and let you cry all day. It's because, when you're sad, I'm sad, too.

Your smile is contagious, you know? That's why I'm happy to see you. You're going to smile.

This is my first day back from baseball camp, and I wanted to spend it with you, because I know you'll be the most affected since you're very emotional. Sorry.

I didn't want to end this letter, but I have to. We all have to end things in order to move on with our life.

Before I end this though, Please remember all of these, just a little favor.

* Don't you ever cry again because of me, okay?

 - it will be hard, but you have to, Katie.

* Don't overthink.

- I told you this millions of times but you won't listen. I  hope you'll listen this time.

* Love someone else, and move on from me.

- It hurts for me to say this, but you should. Things doesn't last forever, you know? Begin again, because beginnings are always beautiful.

* Always smile.

- Don't fake it. If you feel sad, let it all out.

* Always live your life to the fullest.

And;

* Always remember that I love you to the moon and back.

I'll protect you from any harm. 

Love, Caleb.

P.S. : If you want to feel that I'm still here, get one of my jackets. Only one, though.

I was in tears.

He's right, A person should move on from their first love. But I don't think I can.

I grabbed one of his jackets and kept the note inside my pocket. I went out and walked to the park.

"Um, miss?" a boy asked, around my age. "Yes?" I greeted. "You dropped this." He gave me back the note. I must've dropped it. "Thanks." I smiled and placed it inside my pocket again.

I looked down and remembered what the note had said. Tears were already falling. "Are you okay, miss?" He asked, rubbing my back. The warmth of his hand made me smile.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I'm Katie, by the way." I wiped my tears away. "I'm Ivan." He smiled and shook my hand.

I knew this was who Caleb sent, because he seems like a great guy.

"Do you want to be friends? or best friends?" He asked, still smiling. "Best friends." I replied.

I finally smiled, the genuine one.

I'll spend forever with him.

Thanks, Caleb.