thirty - mute

Your Point of View.

With the weather being hot and sunny today, I decided on wearing a sundress to the movies with Odell.

I was still in shock that he asked me out after lunch Wednesday, but I still gave him my number when he asked for it.

Considering him as a friend after getting to know him over these last couple of days, I could honestly say that he was a breath of fresh air.

I mean, after looking past the first encounter I had with him at the beginning of the week, I saw him as a totally different person when I got know him.

He looked past me not sparking a conversation with him and I appreciated that.

Not being like other people that came in contact with me before, he didn't care.

Putting my flats on to match with the simple outfit, I walked towards my full-length mirror behind my bedroom's door to get a good look at my overall effort.

Twirling around in the dress, I smiled at how I looked. I felt beautiful for the first time since forever.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I quickly grabbed my purse, and headed towards the front door of my house, but not forgetting to tell my parents that I was leaving via text.

Giving myself a mental pep talk, I told myself that I truly could do this.

Letting out a long sigh, I opened the door finally.

_________

Odell's Point of View.

When she opened the door, I was totally amazed at how this girl looked in front of me.

I mean yes, she was beautiful every day, but with that dress hugging her body in the right places and her hair cascading down her face, I was fine with us just skipping the movies and going back up to her room.

Lord help me get through this date! I thought to myself as I had rated r images flipping through my mind.

Not knowing I was just staring, she waved her hands in my face, trying to get my attention.

Shaking myself from daydreaming, I complimented her on how she looked.

Looking down at her shoes, she took a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear.

Smiling at her embarrassment, she was just too cute for her own good.

"You're ready?" I asked, taking her hand into mine after she locked her door.

She nodded while giving a thumbs up with the hand not being held by me.

Chuckling, I opened the passenger door to my Range Rover and helped her in.

Making sure she was settled in comfortably, I got in also, hoping to the man above that I didn't mess this date up.

Putting the key into the ignition, I put the car into reverse and pulled out of her driveway.

________

"I need two adult tickets to see Hidden Figures," I told the lady behind the glass window while y/n stood beside me, looking up at the posters advertising the new and unreleased movies coming soon to the theater.

"That'll be $16.00," she smacked her teeth, handing me the two pieces of paper, and I handing her the exact amount in exchange.

"Thanks for the hospitality," I retorted sarcastically, grabbing y/n's hand and headed inside towards the concession stand.

I swear people don't care if they get fired from their job or not.

"Do you want anything in particular?" I looked up at the menu nailed to the wall then back at her. "I'll pay for it."

Frowning at her shaking her head 'no', I just had to order for her.

"Could I have a large popcorn with extra butter, two boxes of M&M's, a pack of Extremes," I turned my lip in thought. "And also could I have two large cups?"

The man behind the cash register nodded his head and typed in the order into his cash register. "That'll be $42.12."

Giving him the money, we grabbed our snacks from the counter and walked towards the soft drink fountain.

Giving her her cup, I watched as she chose Sprite.

Picking Pepsi, I had it etched in my brain for future preferences of what she drink.

After getting everything food wise, we made our way to our next destination.

Taking a seat in the back of the dark theater, we came just in time.

The large screen was still playing previews of new movies and the people who were there was just talking as if they couldn't hear for shit.

Opening one of the M&Ms boxes, I shook some into my hand before offering y/n some.

Smiling, she extending her hand out while taking a sip of her drink.

Putting some of the chocolate covered peanuts in her hand, I could honestly say that I was really enjoying this date so far.

This wasn't the last thing I was planning on doing for her.

After this, I was taking her to this new restaurant opening in downtown.

As the lights dimmed darker and the movie started, I did the oldest trick in the book.

In no time, I had my arm lazily over her shoulder as she snuggled closer into my chest. (Act like the damn arm piece not in the middle of them, I thought it was just too cute not to add in here).

Sitting back comfortably, we had our eyes glued to the screen for the rest of the way.