Chapter 6 - Regret

It was well past midnight, yet you still found yourself texting Tom.
"lmao and that's why I have no eyes"
"That's...freaky."
"Eh"
You chuckled a bit out loud, but then Tord messaged you. You thought he was asleep - then again, you had no idea what time it was in Norway.
"hey y/n u online"
You told Tom "BRB" and opened Tord's message.
"Hey what's up"
"so i know u already delivered the letter but i have a few questions if thats ok w/ u"
You hesitated, confused.
"Ya sure shoot me"
"well... how did edd react"
"...He kinda walked-ran to the upstairs area?? He looked upset."
Tord didn't respond for about a minute.
"and the others..?"
"Well there was a ginger dude in the livingroom who didn't even notice me cuz he was holding a mirror, and there was this guy who was rly nervous and he has no eyes?? He asked for my number and he was super awkward but kinda cute tbh don't tell him lol"
"I know who they are. How did they react?"
Woah. That was weird. Tord using propper spelling? This seemed serious...
"Um, well Tom didn't notice because he was staring at me... And the ginger was obviously too zoned out to see so Edd was the only one really"
Tord took a while to even open the message, so you went back to talk to Tom for a bit.
"Hey Tom do u know anyone named Tord??"
"...ya. he's an ex-friend of edd's and matt's. I hate him. why? was he talking to you? don't believe anything he says, he's a filthy commie"
"Woah ok then. Uhhhh...He was the one who sent that letter to Edd?"
Tom was typing... Deleting... Typing... Deleting... Typing -
"Edd said that was a suicide note. Are you sure it was Tord?"
Tord. You forgot! You idiot! Oh god, he messaged back already too -

"y/n?"
"Ya Tord?"
"about the letter - you did promise not to read it right?"
"Yes"
"ok...i just care about you too much"
...What?
"bye, y/n."
Wait, no. Is he..?
You video called him on Skype immediately. He denied the call, but you called again. And again. And again; until he finally picked up.
The screen was black.

"What do you want, y/n?"
You sat there, teary eyed. "Can you see me, Tord?"
He sighed. "Yes. You're a mess. What's wrong?"
You blushed, and wiped your face. "I lied."
"...You what?"
You were choking on your own words. "I lied to you - I read a bit of the letter on accident, it was faced to the front when I opened it -"
Stop lying.
"- a-and I saw a bit and I kept looking and reading and I'm so sorry, I just want you to be happy -"
"Shut up."
You did as he said and shut your rambling trap. You were crying like a baby.
"Y/N... I care about you. I don't care if you read the letter. You're obviously regretting it, yet still worried about me. That means you care about me too."
You wiped your face again and smiled a weak smile - At least it was real.

You talked for hours, then went to bed.
It was one of the best nights you've had in a long time.