Chapter 9 - Playful Mornings

"Good morning."
These were the words you mumbled as you woke up Tord from your couch. You apartment only had one bed, and he had no where to stay, so... Ya. Couch.
      "Mmhm. Morning, y/n."
You noticed he fell asleep in his jeans and hoodie. Dork.
      "I've been wondering," You yawned. "why were you here? I thought you lived in Norway."
You walked into the kitchen and only just realised you were still in your PJ bottoms and a t-shirt. Eh, he's seen you like this in Skype calls.
He's probably seen you worse, now that you think about it.
      "Well..." Tord hesitated and then sat up and stretched. "If you saw my texts you would know that I was asking if you were at that coffee place. I also told you I was visiting this country."
      You started making some coffee. "Still doesn't explain why you're visiting." He walked into the room leaned against the counter next to you. "Want some?" You asked.
He nodded. "I visited because I wanted to see you. Simple as that."
You heard him inhale deeply, then exhale the words; "Didn't want to see that empty-eyed shithead though..."
You ignored it. Yesterday was... Too hectic for both of you at the moment.

      You sat down on the counter. "Wait, so... You just wanted to see me?" You blushed a little. "We can just so that through Skype."
      "It isn't the same," He said with a smile. "Actually seeing you right in front of me is much better, to be honest."
You couldn't resist grinning. You looked away, panicking and hoping he wouldn't notice how flustered you were acting.
     He gently grabbed your chin with his fingers, turning you to face him. He had a smirk on his face.
"C'mon, I came all this way to see you, let me see that adorable face."
"Tord!!" You grinned, but your face was hot and you smacked his arm out of the way. You hid your face in your hands. What the hell is he doing?!

      He flipped around so he was in front of you, his waist against yours while he stood and you sat on the counter of your kitchen. You were freaking out a bit. You're freaking out a shit ton!! What is even happening, oh jeez oh jeez -

      He put on a smirk and poked your nose. "Got you there, didn't I?" He walked backwards, away from in between your legs and leaned on the counter top across from where you sat. Your face was hot, and you knew why. He just played you.
      "Tord!! What - Grr!" You grumbled. You were... Happy frustrated? All you knew what that you had fallen in love with him - and he knew damn well that you wanted to start doing something with him right then and there.
      "What? It was just a playful poke on the nose, what's the big deal?" He smirked and brought out a cigar. You blushed, and told him to smoke outside. He did as you told.

      As he left to take a smoke and leave you to your thoughts, you started daydreaming. What would have happened if you made a move? Would he take it as a part of that "joke" or take it seriously?
      ...Would he even like it?
You shook your head, trying to get all these strange thoughts out of your head. But then again, it was fun romanticising.
Tord walked back into the room, done smoking for now. He still had a dorky smile on his face... Not smirky or mocking though. It seemed genuine.
      "Hi again." He looked up at you.
You waved a tiny wave, staying silent. Face was still kinda tingly.
"So, eh... You know I actually came here only to see you, right?"
You nodded, sparks flying in your head while you repeat what he just said in your mind.
"Well..." He hesitated, still smiling.
"Ya..?" You said softly.
"Can I sleep here til I need to go back home? I didn't exactly plan this."
You put on a face of thought and concern, but in reality, you were processing the fact that Tord impulsively flew all the way from Norway just to spend a few nights with you. He really is charming.
      "Uh, ya, sure." You looked back up at him. "Of course." You put on a nervous smile, slowly realizing you only had one bed.
"Oh, good. Where can I sleep, then? The couch isn't exactly... Comfortable."
"Well, there's my bedroom!"
Excuse you?! Jesus Christ, what was that?!! Don't just offer a guy to sleep in your bed with y-
      "Ok. Are we sharing then?"
You nodded impulsively. He smirked at you, then nodded back and sat down on the couch to go to his phone.

I'm falling for a nerd like him.