--- You Said I Do

I wanted to forget that I ever loved her. But the heart had it own mind, which we could never dictate.

"I love you Kier..." That echoed in my thoughts, the image of our reunion at the hilltop flashed with it. We were both soaked under the rain. It would have been a magical reunion, but fate didn't want that to happen. And right now, I don't even want to remember it, no. I just can't.

I looked at her and she looked my way. She smiled. I forced a smile. Then she looked at the priest again. God, she is so beautiful and I love her. I would always love her.

"Do you Alexis Griffin take this man as your lawfully wedded husband?" I heard the priest ask. My heart started beating fast, becoming more painful as it continues to do so.

She looked at me and I looked at her, this time I didn't pretend I was happy. And I know, she could see through my eyes that I was begging, begging for her not to go. She gave me a half smile that told me it cannot be. It was painful to do it, but I nodded slightly. I had to give her that, even if it was painful.

She looked at the priest and uttered the words that broke my heart over and over again. "Yes, I do."

It was all over. After that I heard nothing more, saw nothing else, but grief.

I cried.

I cried and didn't care who saw me at all. Tears kept flowing from my eyes and I don't know when it would stop or if it would ever stop.

I looked at her, my first love, my only love.