--Prologue | Beginning To An End

--Prologue

I wish I could tell her I was happy that this day finally came.But that would be lying to both of us.

I did lie though. I showed up and pretended to be happy for everyone's sake even when deep down I wished I could just run away.

I have to compose myself. "I can't afford to make
the bride unhappy." I kept reciting those words in my head just to clear my thoughts of any stupid plans.

It got me through the fitting and dress rehearsals. I even thought I was okay yesterday. In fact, I felt perfectly fine like I was ready for today.

But, changing into the white tuxedo, she chose for me, I felt coming here will be the biggest regret of my life.

I was not fine. I'm not sure if I'll ever be fine.

I wanted to bail out and runaway.

If only I could turn back time, I never would have come back. It was a stupid mistake to even come back, just like it was a stupid mistake to leave this town ten years ago.

But then again, I did. I owe it to her to be here.

It's the day she had dreamed about all her life. Everything she had sketched in her thoughts were finally becoming real. It's the happiest day of her life. I couldn't just take that away from her.

I love her too much that I was willing to sacrifice everything and anything, even my own happiness, just to see her happy.

I just wish I could love her the way she loves me so that this wouldn't hurt as badly as it does now. That was not the case, though. All I could do is muster every ounce of pain, heave a deep sigh and put on a mask of joy as I entered the Church.

I am Kier Knights. Though I wish this is my fairy tale's finale; this is not, I must say. Happy ending is nothing but a fantasy for me.

Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong

Author's Note: It would really mean a lot if I would hear your thoughts... Thank you for giving this short story a chance and I wish you would like it until the end...

lovelots,

himesamaC♥♥♥