Chapter Two

Previously.....

As (Y/N) explains her story of her abusive life, her friends: Hiro, Tadashi, and Aunt Cass, they ever so politely say something to her that may change her life forever. They offer for her to stay with them, and she gladly accepted. As they shared a hug, (Y/N) felt something happen that she hadn't happen in a long time. Happiness.

.....

You suddenly awoke with a shock, and you found yourself laying on a bed, staring at the window, and curled into a ball. You looked at the clock that was ever so conveniently right beside you. It read 2:47 AM in large symbols. You rolled your eyes and sighed deeply, and you turned over to face the other direction, your eyes closed in exhaustion. It was all just a dream... you thought.

Yeah. You thought.

You started to process the contents of that weird 'dream' you had, trying not to fall asleep. You were noticing tat something had happened. Something that made you feel... happy. Something that made you feel at home. A real home.

Well, as stated before... you thought it was a dream... until you felt shifting, as if something or someone right beside you was moving. Your eyes shot open and made out a dark silhouette laying right in your field of view, their face hidden in a vast cave of covers. From your perspective, everything was black, and the only time that ever changed was when the room was illuminated with the beams of late-night workers coming home from their job, their headlights flowing through the window. That's when it hit you.

This wasn't a dream...
This is all too real...
And is that... Hiro?

Countless questions filled your mind as you tried to comprehend every memory that passed through your head. However, you were unsuccessful, and you gave up.

You know what? You thought. I'm not going to worry about this now. This is something I can sleep on.

"(Y/N)...?" A low, sleepy voice mumbled, breaking the silence. "Are... are you awake?"

"H-... Hiro?" You asked, confused. You nodded while speaking, not even sure if he could see you or not.

"Who are you talking to?" Hiro asked, his voice still scratchy and musky from disuse.

You felt your cheeks begin to warm up as you realized that all those thoughts you were thinking were coming out as words. You were literally talking to yourself without knowing... but someone else caught you. You tried to think of a way to explain, knowing that this would be extremely awkward, especially since it was about 3 o'clock. At night. Beside your best friend... that you had accidentaly awoken. "I-I...I-" You stuttered, trying to find the right words. You sighed and planted your face into the pillow, turning your body so you were looking at the ceiling.

"No one," You mumbled.

"That was a long conversation with whoever 'no one' is," Hiro joked.

Dang, how much did I say out loud? You mentally slapped yourself. "Well... what all did you hear?"

"Oh, only all of it," Your best friend said blankly. You heard him chuckle slightly and sigh. "Good night, (Y/N)."

"Good night, Hiro," You said, trying to remember and make sure you didnt say anything embarrassing or inappropriate.

That was close.

"I heard that."

(A/N) And there we have it! Pure beauty. To be honest, I think I did really well writing this chapter. Oh, well! No time to waste!!! Thanks everyone for reading this far! I'll try to update soon!