chapter 35

the days after that were all typical school days. Jaehyun and Doyoung got less of time to see each other in between breaks, and every subject teacher pushed them on because it was competition period.

the basketball tournaments were the first to start, so Jaehyun being part of the school team was extra busy with his days. he would stay back as late as 10pm and only head home at 2am to improve his skills. he would then get up at 6am. all these were taking a toll on his body, but he ensured he got his proper three meals each day and trained regularly at his own pace so that he could get the best out of himself during the actual competition.

meanwhile, Doyoung diligently attended the normal training sessions without the school team but at times when he saw the junior squad playing, he could see Jaehyun looking full of fatigue but he pushed himself beyond his limits and devoted himself.

in between breaks, Doyoung would head over and hand Jaehyun a granola bar to keep him awake and energised. the younger was always thankful each time because the two of them looked out for each other despite busy schedules and cheered each other on. it was really a half-couple half-bro relationship.

the trainings also took tolls on the dongsaengs. Haechan and Winwin both played hockey, while Jeno focused on his track-and-field sprints. everyone was busy. except for two. Jung Donghae and Jung Sungmin.

as usual, the two of them would follow Jaehyun around in secret, not wanting anybody to disturb their task. apparently, Ryeowook had forced them to follow him around so that he could decide what to do with the maknae next. the three of them made a deal that if the two boys did so, the eldest would have to treat them to high-class beef with everything all fancy.

" yeah yeah ok just do the job you get that, " Ryeowook blatantly stated. after that, it was just reports of what Jaehyun did and all.

the two of them were extras for the school team, but they trained with the senior squad instead to buck up on their physique.

" your youngest brother looks better than the two of you! if you both dont want to lose to him train and gain properly! stop slacking around you fools and wake up! " the senior squad's coach was the scarier of the two, but the 18 and 19 year olds always respected him for who he was and what he did for them. Donghae and Sungmin were the only two ungrateful brats that hated him to the core, but nonetheless they followed his advice and trained well too.

" look! they're both flirting again! what bullshit are my eyes witnessing, " Sungmin said out loud enough for the senior squad to hear. the players turned to them, then looked at Doyoung and Jaehyun, who were both on court and talking to each other. the captain then walked up to the two Jungs and turned them around.

" istg if you both cant shut up about their friendship i'll cut my squad's ties with you. get that assholes? now run 70 laps here and do 100 crunches and 10 burpees. go ! " the sudden instruction shocked the two so much their legs sprinted away. they were so timid of the captain that they forgot he was there and was listening to them too. they did as told without thinking of anything else.

while training sessions for other sports had ended, basketball was always the last one. Jeno, Haechan and Winwin headed to the court to watch the boys play. they were surprised seeing both Doyoung's and the Jungs' skills considering the amount of time Jaehyun and Doyoung were in school.

they set their bags on the floor as they took their seats on the stands. it was tiring enough that they had to train for four continuous days a week with the last being Friday and juggle with the studies and worry about the audition results, but being literally on the court and playing a game helps to keep everything away. how they wish they were all not stuck in such situations.

-------------------------------------------------------

annyeong readers !! do continue to support this fanfic !! kamsahamnida :>>>