24| Mine, Yours

Cain's POV

When my dad made Aria and my mom leave the room, I was getting really nervous. I haven't spoken to him in five years and now he's here, right in front of me.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's my fault and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause you any harm." I told him.

"Cain, please don't apologize. None of this is your fault. Let's face it, I'm getting old and this heart attack was bound to happen."

I chuckled. "Dad, you're 52 and don't look like it."

"I missed you calling me dad. Son, I'm sorry. Sorry for kicking you out just because you didn't want to do me a stupid and selfish favor. I hope you find it somewhere in that kind and beautiful heart of yours to forgive me. After you left, I felt awful. My whole insides were destroyed because I threw out my only son. My only child. I know I'm the worst father on this planet and don't deserve it, but I'm still asking you to forgive me." This was the first time I saw my dad actually crying with tears rolling down his face.

I smiled at him with tears forming in my eyes. "I forgave you a long time ago, dad. Yes, I was mad at you, but you're my dad. You're the best dad in the whole wide world and don't ever think that you're not. If you were to be gone by now, my whole life would be crashing down. I can't imagine a life without you or my mom. I love you so much, dad."

He opened up his arms and I gave him a hug. "I love you, son."

The door opened and Aria and my mom stepped in. My mom knew exactly what was going on and she starting crying of happiness. She gave me a hug and thanked me for forgiving my dad.

"You're such a good man for forgiving your dad. I'm proud of you, Cain." Aria told me.

The rest of the evening went by quick with my dad telling funny stories about what happened at his New Years Eve party. Aria and I were laughing so hard that our stomachs started to hurt.

I saw Aria yawning and knew she wanted to go home and sleep.

"I'll drop you off at the house so you can get some sleep. You look like you need it." I rubbed her thigh.

"She's staying with you, Cain?" My dad asked.

I scratched the back of my head. "Uh, y-yea. Since we are working together, I figured it would be easier if she stayed in a spare room at my house and we can work from home."

My dad was giving me a look. "Both of you stay home. You two need some sleep. I'll be fine here with your mom."

"You sure?"

"Go home and get some sleep, kids. I'm going to stay here with my husband all night." My mom added.

"Okay. I'll be here first thing tomorrow to pick you guys up." I pointed at them.

"Goodnight, mom. Dad, goodnight." I kissed my mom on the cheek and fist bumped my dad.

"Goodnight, Mr. and Mrs. Westbrooke." Aria said to my parents.

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Goodnight, Aria."

I unlocked the front door and we stepped inside. I wanted to talk to Aria about what was next for us. We each had time off from each other and now I'm ready to make her my girlfriend. And in the future, my wife.

"I know what you're thinking about." She said, going upstairs.

I followed her. "Alright, mindreader. Tell me."

"The answer is yes."

She stopped in front of her bedroom door and turned around to face me.

"Yes, what?" I got closer to her.

The hallway was dark, but I can see her eyes and her lips.

She got close to my ear. "Yes, I'm ready to be yours."

She looked at me again and bit her lip. I couldn't believe my ears. I've been dreaming of her saying those words to me.

I pulled her against me by her waist and kissed her. Our mouths clashed together and our bodies were crushed against each other.

"Are you ready to be mine?" She said in between kisses.

"Hell yes." I opened her door and pushed her until she fell onto the bed.

I was on top of her kissing every inch of her face. I moved down to kiss her neck and chest. Her legs were wrapped my torso and she was rubbing against me. It made me hard in a second. Everything she does turns me on.

"I think we should get some sleep." She was breathing hard.

I kissed her lips again one last time before stopping. "Yea, I'm really tired."

I got off her and she sat up and fixed herself. Her eyes went straight to my crotch. She had on a flirty smile.

"See what you do to me." I smirked at her.

"You have a very huge problem." She giggled.

"Huge is an understatement." I kissed her one last time and exited her room.

I went inside my bedroom and had a huge smile on my face. She was finally mine. My girlfriend.

I took a cold shower to get rid of the bulge in my pants and then I got in bed. All this happiness wasn't going to let me sleep. I felt like a little boy on Christmas day. It's the best feeling ever.