IV

Dawn sat nervously in her seat, biting down on her lower lip. She could feel her teeth digging deep into her lip and she released pressure afraid she was going to draw blood. "What is it, Richard?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly. 

"Look, it's been amazing to see you and I know..."

"Dawn, sweetie, what are you doing here?" Dawn looked up and saw Martin standing there. "I thought you weren't feeling well."

"Well uh... I got a second wind all of a sudden and I called you but you weren't home so I invited my co-star out to dinner with me," Dawn lied, hoping Martin would believe it. "Martin, this is Richard. Richard, this is my boyfriend Martin."

Martin extended his hand to Richard's eyeing him carefully. "Boyfriend, sorry I 

didn't know she had one," Richard  replied.

"Yup, for five years, almost five and a half," he said kissing her lips. "Listen, I have to go take care of something but I'll be back in a second, will you be coming home with me?"

"Um yeah, I'll meet you in the lobby in a few seconds," she replied, glancing nervously at Richard. Martin kissed her cheek and walked away leaving Dawn alone with Richard.

"Richard, I'm sorry, I have to get going..."

"Why didn't you tell me," he interrupted. "I mean if you have such a serious boyfriend of five years... oh I'm sorry five and *a half* you could have told me."

"And why would it have mattered," she shot back." Richard this isn't high school anymore. When you left for college, I moved on. You didn't like me, I was just some girl who made you feel all high and mighty. Well newflash *darling* high school is over, and my infatuation on you ended long ago," she yelled, walking out, eyes focused on her, especially Richard's as he felt his heart break and melt all at once.