xvii -Turning point

"Richard, I was going to tell you...it-" Dawn began as she felt a lump develop in her throat, and tears form in her eyes.

          "Oh yeah, and when might that have been? When you started to show? When you're in labor? At its 5th birthday party? Martin's funeral in about 80 years from now, when you finally decided it wouldn't hurt him anymore. Is that when, Dawn?"

         "When I was sure, Dammit! I didn't want to tell you after only taking the home test. It came up positive tonight, right before we were about to leave. I scheduled a Doctor's appointment for tomorrow, I was going to tell you then," she said as the tears began to streak down her pale face, and she once again became overwhelmed with a sense of nausea.

         "Well, it's easy for you to say that now that's it's out in the open, isn't it?"

         "Richard please-"

         "Your category is next, please take your seat Sir Richard," the young stage hand reported, interrupting Dawn’s midsentence.

         "Thanks. I'll be right there," he said feigning a quick smile as he turned to face her, but then his anger quickly resurfaced as he looked back towards Dawn. 

         "I'm sorry," she sobbed.

         "Whatever. This conversation is *far* from over, Dawn. What time is your appointment tomorrow, and where?"

         "3, at Makati Med. I'll be seeing Dr. Borja."

         "Well then, I will be seeing her right along with you," he said as he began to walk away.

         "Good luck, Richard."

         He turned to look at her, with an ironic grin on his face. "Well, since that was coming from you, I think you just might have jinxed me." With that, he headed back to his seat, as Dawn wept long after his figure disappeared. Rushing to the bathroom as the nausea began to rise in her throat once more. 

                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

         CUT TO…

         "And last, from My Eternal, this hot new heartthrob not only melts the screen with 

his looks, but all the young girls’ hearts with his talent, Richard Gomez as Marco Montenegro," the presenter finished, as she raised the envelope to both her view.

         "And the winner is.......our Christopher De Leon!"

                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

         After finishing in the bathroom, she walked over to the sink, and threw some cold water on her face, feeling as though she'd just woke up from a nightmare, but after hearing the winner of the last category, she knew it was much more than that.

         "Not only am I a slut now, but a jinx, too," she said as she shook her head, 

and gave herself a long hard stare in the mirror. "Oh God, what have I done?"

         "The same thing any other women torn between two men would try to do without 

hurting them, Dawn..."

         "Angel! How long have you been there?" Dawn asked shocked to see John's girlfriend standing there.

         "Here, about 5 minutes. But I was backstage long enough to know you're pregnant, and your fiancée is not the father."