I

"Metro Manila, Philippines. A city of hopes and dreams for the aspiring one, and none of those ambitions were greater than the ones of young kids about to embark on the opportunity of a lifetime. Giving up some of the best things that had ever happened to them for a chance at stardom. A hot new show, a hot new look for primetime. From the novel Wuthering Heights, My Eternal."

          "Well, what do you think of the promo?" Dianne, the young and upcoming new producer of My Eternal asked her star, Dawn Zulueta who was destined to be the next primetime diva.

          "I think it's great! It will be even better when we get pictures with my leading man so it can air," she replied smiling.

          "Well sweetie, that might be sooner than you think."

          "He's been cast?" she asked hopefully, as she leaned forward in her chair with anticipation.

          "As of yesterday. He is due here at 3, and the shoot for the promo is at 4"

          "Oh my goodness! I can't believe that we're actually starting a soap today! It's surreal."

          "Not anymore babe, this is reality now, *your* reality!"

                    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

          "Man, I can't believe we are in the studio, and that my very own bestfriend, Richard Gomez is about to become primetime's hottest new heartthrob!"

          "Yeah, you and me, both. Just last month, I was a nobody, then I walked into a coffee shop, and the director said I had 'the look', and now I am own my way to being a somebody," he replied laughing, as he and John roamed the halls. 

          "Where is Dianne's office, I have to meet with her, we're gonna talk about this shoot today with my 'leading lady'."

          "Ohhh leading lady. Think she's cute and single?"

          "John, I am not about to take advantage of my co-star," Richard replied looking at him.

          "Come on man, lots of soap couples date off screen."

          "Whatever, she probably has some model boyfriend, and is well known already. Anyways, I think I found the office, so let's go. Don't wanna be late the first day,"Richard said opening the door to Dianne's office.

                    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

          "Yes Sweetie, he was cast yesterday!" Dawn exclaimed into her cell phone, as she updated her boyfriend, Martin del Rosario on the latest about her character.

          "Yeah, I dunno if I like the idea of you doing love scenes with this guy, Dawn," he said jealously, as he sat back at his desk, and listened to the sound of excitement in her voice.

          "Sweetie, there is *nothing* for you to worry about. I love you, nothing will change that, not even if he is Matt Damon!"

          "What about George Clooney?"

          "Then I'd leave you" she said laughing. "I have to go now, but I love you."

          "Love you, too. Bye."

          Dawn turned off her cell phone, and made herself comfortable on the seat located in front of Dianne's desk. Flipping through her lines for the week, the sound of the door opening took her attention away from the task.

          "Well, this is it" Dianne announced to Richard and John as she had met them in the hallway a few doors back "and here she is, your lovely co-star, Dawn Zulueta."

          Dawn got up from her chair, and turned to greet them smiling. Directing her attention to her long awaited screen partner, her face dropped when she saw who stood before her.

          "Dawn, I'd like you to meet-" 

          "Richard Gomez...."