eight

mikey barone

I lick my index finger and continue to count the wad of cash Elian gave me. Nate sits beside me and quietly counts his share from the party last night. Footsteps shuffle down the stairs and I pick my head up for a second only to see Camila.

Her eyes land on me and Nate before she becomes unhappy about our appearance. "Oh." Is all she says while pursing her lips to the side. I snicker and focus my attention back down to the cash in my hands. Nate poorly excuses himself and leaves the money on the couch as he sees himself out.

Camila stands by the steps staring at me with her arms crossed. I direct my attention to her, "What do you want Camila?"

"Where is my brother?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

I direct my head to the room in the back and she turns her head to look at the closed bedroom door. She starts to walk over to it and I hiss at her, "You can't go in there."

She stops in her tracks and spins around to me with her eyebrows furrowed. "And why not?"

"Because your brother will kill me if he finds out you're down here and you know that." I keep my eyes on her so that she understands how serious I am being.

"Oh really?" A smirk appears across her pink lips and she tangles her hands together behind her back gingerly. She sidesteps slowly towards the door, fucking with me.

I shake my head trying to not let her get to me. She wouldn't really do it. I'm not doing this for Elian. I'm doing this for Camila.

"You wouldn't." I shake my head, but she would.

She almost places her hand on the doorknob but I'm already on my feet and walking towards her. I stalk towards her and pull her hand away from the doorknob. She opens her mouth to yell at me but I gently hook my arm around the back of her neck and pull her into my chest.

We stumble backwards slightly and she tugs at my arm before giving up and ends up in fits of giggles. She giggles wildly and pushes at my chest. "Ok enough, get off of me." She smiles stepping away from me as I release her from my arms. She wipes her nose and her giggles go silent. She gives me a genuine smile before walking back over to the staircase.

"You're fun to mess with Barone." She flashes a pearly white smile before darting up the stairs in her shorts and oversized sweater.

an - this is a weird chapter.