two

camila garcia

I walk in behind Elian and Emely. The music is clearly heard from outside. I close the front door behind me and try to keep up with my brother and my bestfriend. We walk into the kitchen and find Madison leaning on the kitchen counter. She has a shiny tiara on her head. The lights are off and the candles from the big birthday cake light up her face. She smiles and laughs as pictures are taken. Elian kisses her check and catches her attention.

"Oh, you guys." She beams as she throws an arm around me and Emely.

"Happy birthday, Madi." I hug her tightly before letting go. I take Emely's hand and guide her to the small bar in the basement while Madison blows out the candles on her birthday cake.

The basement is only filled with less people and it gives us a clean access to the bar. Madi's parents aren't alcoholics but they have more money than they can chew.

I beam as I begin pouring my favorite cherry vodka. Emely mixes something that smells awful but she still downs it with a smile. Jackson appears behind her and I immediately frown at the trouble I know he is bound to cause. He places his hand on her hip and she whips around in an instant. I place the cup to my lips and raise it as I block the sight of Emely and Jackson fighting. A few short moments later Emely is pissed off and walks away leaving Jackson smiling like an idiot.

"What did I do?" He snickers at me. I squint my eyes at him and place the empty cup in the trash can beside me.

"You cheated on her, dumbass." I walk away from him and try to find Emely. I make eye contact with Mikey from across the room. I turn away and begin to head upstairs, away from him.

I walk down the hallway and run into Elian and Madison. "Have you seen Emely?" I shout at Elian over the loud music. He shakes his head and I sigh walking away to go find her. Elian grabs my arm and I look at him reluctantly scared that Emely is probably crying in the bathroom or getting into a fight.

"Don't you go beating on other people." He grins thinly, clearly not meaning it.

I smile at him, "Never."

I push past sweaty bodies to try and find a very desperate Emely but have no such luck. A blonde boy with very blue eyes stares at me with a grin. I smile back at him harmlessly. Instead of staying to chat I continue to look for my bestfriend. When a strong grip is placed on my arm I expect it to be Elian. I am roughly pushed against the wall and I close my eyes from the sudden harsh contact.

Mikey stands in front of me instead and places a gentle grip on my waist differing from the way he rough handled me seconds ago. His eyes don't meet mine at first. He stares very harshly at the blonde that I smiled at seconds ago. His stare is soon focused on me as the blonde boy is no longer paying attention to us.

"What the fuck, Mikey?" I push at his chest.

Like a lunatic he smiles down at me. "Just go along with it, Camila." His smile is dangerous. Before I can spit something rude, everybody stares at two people attempting to start a fight. I push my way to the front and Mikey follows close behind me. I stare in horror at Emely balling her small fists at her sides. The part that frightens me is the very irritated boy standing across from her. Usually I would have faith in Emely, but the boy standing across from her was huge. I try to reach out for her but she starts swinging at the tall boy.

A small scream slips from my mouth when he raises his hand and smacks Emely across the face. Emely's small body flies to the floor in a matter of seconds. I step over Emely's fragile body and try to charge at the huge boy too but Elian wraps me in his arms and pulls me away from the boy as I kick and shout. Elian drags me away and I continue to kick and curse at the boy. He locks eye contact with me and smirks.

Elian places me on the floor of the bathroom and I ignore his scolding. I fix my shirt and try to punch him in his arm instead. "Let me out of the bathroom, Elian." I glare.

"I told you to not start shit tonight, especially on Madison's birthday." He points a finger at me.

"I didn't ruin your girlfriends birthday, I was trying to defend Emely." I seethe.

The bathroom door is bolted open before he can tell me anything else. I dodge his arms blocking the door and run into the hallway. I find Emely and Madison at the kitchen sink.

Emely smiles when she sees me and a sigh of relief falls from my mouth. I walk over to her and stare at the bruise under her eye. "See this, he barely got a scratch in." She jokes pointing to the bruise while Madison swats her hand away from the area she's trying to clean.

I laugh and nod my head at her. "Did you see that," she bits her lip before continuing, "your boy toy Mikey took that huge guy out."

I smile and shake my head at her, "He is not my boy toy."

an - hope you enjoyed.