three

camila garcia

I stare at the tv intently. Elian and Mikey begin shouting as they win yet another game of call of duty. A couple of the other boys gathered around the couch bicker back and fourth about who is playing the next round.

I cross my arms and lean my head against the couch. Mikey hasn't said a word to me since the party a few nights ago. He hasn't even looked at me once and I don't mind it one bit.

The doorbell is rung multiple times and nobody budges. I keep my attention on the tv and so does everyone else. The low ringing subsides and the door is swung open instead.

"Is everyone deaf or something?"

I look over to Emely standing in the doorway. I smile and get up from my seat on the couch. I quickly rush past the tv trying to avoid blocking the view.

I wrap my arms around her neck. "How's my favorite girl." I beam at her playfully.

"Cut the crap." She snorts pushing me away from her. I giggle and look at the bruise that still remains under her eye.

I rush up the stairs and she follows shortly after me. She closes the door behind her and I open my closet reaching for the top shelf. I manage to pull down the victoria secret bag filled with the endless clothes Emely has left here.

I sit on the bed and kick my feet as she looks through it. "What exactly are you looking for?"

"A friend of my dad's, we're going to his funeral." She says pulling out a long black dress. She then zips up the bag and places it beside me on the bed.

"You don't want to take it all?" I ask furrowing my brows.

"No, I'm probably coming over tonight anyways." She smiles before walking to the door.

"You're just gonna leave me." I scoff.

She opens the door and rolls her eyes at me, obviously not planning on doing that, "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

I get up and search for a pair of shoes. I walk down the stairs in time to see Emely arguing with Elian.

"I don't want to have to save your ass again." Elian defends referring to the brawl nights ago.

She rolls her eyes and laughs loudly while walking to the front door, "You wish you saved my ass, Elian." She shouts as we walk out of the house.

6:00pm

Emely drops me off at my curbside after taking me out to eat. I wave goodbye and she flips me off as I laugh at her from my front door. She drives off and I open the front door.

Elian and the other boys are still shouting and crowded around the tv. I walk right into the kitchen where my mother stands over the stove. I approach her in her white stained apron. I pull her hair over her shoulder and away from the cooking pot. She looks over her shoulder and smiles at me. She turns to face me and places her hands on her hips as she stares at the takeout leftovers in my hand.

I smile innocently at her and shrug my shoulders. She shakes her head fighting back a smile as she turns her attention back to the pot on the stove. I take a seat on the stool and place the takeout bag beside me.

"Why are you cooking in such a big pot?" I question my mother softly as she has her back facing me. My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I reach for it.

"Elian has friends over for dinner." She smiles at me and I look down at my phone.

emely💓: leave your window open tonight.

"Oh." I reply to my mother shortly and begin to text Emely back.

to emely💓: why ?

My mom loves to cook, there is always an excuse for her to make someone a tray of lasagne. I can only imagine how happy she is that Elian brought home so many hungry teenage boys.

My phone vibrates on the table and I pick it up to glance at the screen.

emely💓: just do it.

Elian storms into the kitchen minutes after my mom calls for them to come and eat. I stare down at my phone while my mom serves my brother and his friends their plates.

I put my phone down and stare at Elian. He picks up his sloppy joe and shoves it in mouth while smirking at me. "You're so gross, Eli." I scrunch my nose at him. He begins laughing while trying to close his mouth with food completely. I push my stool away from the counter and stand up to leave.

"You're not going to eat, Camila?" My mom furrows her brows at me.

"No thanks ma, I already ate." I give her a half hearted smile and she nods before dismissing me.

10:00pm

I lay in bed in complete darkness waiting for Emely. I stare at my phone and huff for the third time tonight as I wait for her. The window is finally opened and in steps Emely in her sweats already. I turn on my lamp on the nightstand beside my bed and chuckle at how exhausted she looks from having to climb through my window.

I sit up and drape my legs over the side of my bed. "You know you could've came through the front door like a normal person." I raise a brow.

"Yeah well I didn't want mamà Carolina lecturing my bruised eye." She shakes her head at me while she shuts my window and locks it.

an - finally a long chapter.