The not so happy ending

He slowly came through the door. My body relaxed to see who it was. "Derrick," I say in relief "where have you been? I've been scared to death something happened to you." I wrap my arms around him "i tried to go after the person he threw the rock into our window. But I couldn't catch up with them. Where are luke and tori? Are they all right?" he held me tightly" yes they are safe I put them to bed a while ago they are in their play pins in our room." he was relieved that they were. His whole body relaxed. "good" he leaned over and kissed my forehead before walking to our bedroom.

    It's now 1:30 am I can't sleep. That note kept me thinking. Who would want to do this to us? I know I might not be the right species but I love him... Why can't that be enough? Why can't they except me? I'm not trying to do anything or try to be something im not. I just want to be happy... I just want to enjoy everything... I want my happily ever after. I don't see what's wrong with that. I'll do anything to keep my family safe I mean anything. His hand traces along my shoulders "is everything alright? You seem worried." I look up at him with a slight smile " yeah everything is okay." I lied nothing was okay. I didn't want to worry him more than he already was. "okay well I think we should get some rest" he kissed my forehead " ill be in there soon" I smiled as he walked into our bedroom. I just wanted to cry. I wanted to scream but I have to be strong. Not just for me but my family. I won't let them down.

------Two hours later-------

         Looking up at the ceiling watching our fan spin in circles as time slowly goes by. My hand on my stomach. Feeling the tiny heartbeat of our unborn child. Tears started to run down my face. I didn't make a sound. Derrick's arm wrapped around me. Pulling me closer to comfort me. He knows how hard this is on me. He knows I don't want to talk about it. So he does the only thing he can do... Hold me... Hold me tight and never let go... I drift off to the sound of the tv.

"mommy" I hear still groggy still waking up "mommy" I opened my eyes to see Torri standing in her pin which made my heart swell. She's growing up... I look over to see luke still sleeping. It's only 5:30 am "do you wanna sleep in the bed with mommy and daddy" I whispered she noodles her head yes and motioned me to pick her up and tuck her in between Derrick and i. She looked so adorable. I started to rub her head she fell asleep quickly. I stayed up and watched her sleep for a little while until i knew she was asleep. I put my worries aside and drifted back to sleep.

--------6:40 am-------

         Derrick left for work. Torri is still sleeping but she sprawled her self out on derricks side. Luke is playing in his playpen. Soon it will be time for there morning bath. I set an alarm for 8:00 am. I pick up luke and set him on the bed. He smiled and clung to my belly and started to babble. "mommy" he said and pointed to my belly. "you might have a new brother or sister soon " i laughed hoping i would be able to enjoy it when the time came. Time flew by fast. The alarm went off " Torri its time to wake up" i slowly tried to wake her up she wiped at her eyes and gave me a pouted look and i just laughed " its bath time " she perked her head up which made me smile even more.

-------26 hours later -------

         10 am im dropping luke and Torri at the daycare center. Molly called yesterday and asked me to an early lunch and why not i need to be distracted for a little while. To get things off my mind

----------unknown P.O.V.--------

"she's ignoring my threat. What should i do?" i said questionably
"she won't ignore it for long. After her lunch date surprise her with a little visit, and make sure she doesn't see your face. If you do this will all be for nothing"
"yes i will do what im asked of, will you still hold up your end of the bargain?"
"only if you don't mess this up... If you do let's just say eternity won't be too fun. Now go!" she dismissed me. I will have him no matter what it takes

--------Lanna P.O.V.----------

         "Lanna it's so nice to see you. How have you been?" she says while giving me a hug " i could be better. So how have you been?" "you know the same old same old. So what have you and Derrick been up to lately?" i smiled hesitantly "nothing really we just looked at a new home... and it seemed really nice but im not sure it will be the one for us..." she frowned but i could tell it was fake "that's too bad i hope you find one soon that you both like." we sat and talked awkwardly for about an hour it was touch and go
I started to walk to my car when someone grabbed me. I tried to scream but before i could they covered my mouth. Their face was hidden. The held a gun to my head. "you listen here you bitch you don't belong with him you will never belong with him ill make sure of it." they pulled their phone out showing me a live video of my children someone was watching them from the corner. You can see the outline of the gun in his pants "do you really want to see your children die?" i shook my head no "good now do what you were told or your children will be dead. And if you let anyone else know you'll be dead anyway" with a blink of an eye they were gone nowhere to be seen. I had to do something i couldn't do anything that would be wrong i wouldn't be able to live with my self. I know what i have to do to protect me, my family and Derrick. I love him so much. I called in a favor everything is set up the way i want it i have everything planned out.

Derrick wasn't home he was visiting his family. It's best this way. It's breaking my heart but i don't want to see him hurt. I'm going to fake our deaths i have new traveling documents i have new passports with new names. I will send a note one day explaining everything but at this very moment, i have to plan my death...

It's mere moments to what's about to happen to that phone call hell receive that will break his heart. I will forever love him but i don't want to see him dead or risk our whole family death because he fell in love with a mortal.

( im sorry on how im ending this book but there will be a sequel called the art of love keep your eyes open for it. It will be coming soon thank you guys for all of your love and support )