Part 25

A/N: Don't usually put this at the top but I don't know if anybody reads 100% to the bottom, so a quick question: would you prefer Princess Mechanic, Clurphy or Murven as a relationship? I'm not entirely sure on what to do in my next story.

Daryl

Everything was quiet, too quiet. The sun was just setting, it'd been well over twenty-four hours and the mysterious girl still hadn't shown up. Me and Rick stood on guard, our aim locked in front of us, crossbow pointed towards the empty street. It felt strange. Mags, Nick, Raven, Judith and Tomas were in the basement, waiting for our orders. Bellamy, Clarke and Alicia were on guard at the other gate, Carl and Enid and Murphy stood inside the warehouse, protecting Imara, Riley and Melody.

The sun was gone. We heard horse shoes coming towards us, from the alley in front. I raised my crossbow towards the sound. A cloaked person rode towards us, stopping the horse in front of the gate. The person held up their arms in surrender. The person took down their hood and a woman with black hair and blue eyes and pale skin looked at us. She was about the same age as Riley and Melody. A kid. She jumped off her horse and stared directly at me.

"Where's the girls?" She demanded, her voice strong.
"You on your own?" I ignored her question.
She nodded, "They sent me to get the girls, you're not going to hurt a girl like me." She paused and tears filled her blue eyes, she looked at the floor, "I don't want anybody to get hurt," she looked up at me, "I'm just doing my bit. We just need the three girls and then you can be on your way. Live here with no trouble from us. Please, I don't want anybody to get hurt."
I swallowed, seeing this poor girl crying in front of me... I didn't know what to do. I couldn't send three girls to their deaths. But could I kill people like them? People like the girl in front of me?

I swallowed, I still kept my crossbow aimed at her, she seemed to be shaking, "What if we leave? What if we just go? We could take some of you with us."
She looked up at me, "Why? Where are you going?"
"Daryl," Rick said, I felt his arm on my shoulder and I glanced at him as he quietly said, "Are you sure we can trust her? Do we want to tell her where we're going?"
I locked my eyes on the young girl, she was looking at her shoes, still shaking, "How many walkers you killed?"
She looked up at me, her forehead creased, her voice now shaking, "What?"
I repeated myself, "How many walkers you killed?"
She shook her head, "None. We were in quarantine and then I lived with my family and we had safe walls and medicine. Where are you going?"
I ignored her, "How many people you killed?"
She looked at the floor, "I killed my mum. She was infected." The girl looked up at me, tears pouring from her eyes, "I don't want to kill. But if you don't hand over those three girls... I might have to. If not, I'll be killed."
I looked her up and down, silence. I eventually said, "You could come with us. You don't have to fight."
She half-smiled, still crying, "You don't understand, I can't come with you. None of us can. I don't want to kill, but they killed people. We fed them and clothed them and gave them medicine. They repaid us by killing our people. I'm sure you understand why they should pay for their crimes. Three lives for all of yours. So Maggie can have her baby in safety."

Rick shook his head, raising his python, "How do you know about Maggie?"
She smiled, "Who else steals baby formula?"
Rick spoke, his tone aggressive, "Listen, we ain't handing over our people. From what we've heard, you kill innocent people. So you can go back on your horse and you can tell your leader that we're not handing them over or leaving."
She nodded, "Ill be sure to pass that on - But, I'm not sure you understand the gravity of the situation. We have triple the amount of people and ammunition you have. We really don't want to kill you. You could work for us. Be soldiers and hunters, farmers, doctors, teachers-"
"And experiments?" The words escaped from my mouth, "You'll lock us up in chains and cut us open, feeding us to walkers? In order to find some cure that doesn't exist?"
She bitterly laughed.
Me and Rick exchanged a glance of confusion, still keeping our weapons raised.
The girl stopped laughing, "Its such a shame. You have so much potential. All of you, even the kid with one eye and girl with one leg. I mean, the druggie is a bit... useless. But I'm sure we could've found something for him to do." She sighed, "It's been a pleasure to meet you, Daryl, Rick. But it's a bit late for pleasantries." The girl then hoisted herself onto her horse. "Just one thing, my name is Belladonna. Belladonna is the one who offered you safety and jobs. But you refused me, and now, as much as it pains me to destroy such potential, you must die."

We raised our weapons, preparing to shoot.

An explosion sounded, shaking the ground. We turned around to see smoke pooling from the farmyard, hearing screams. Rick's radio crackled: "They've blown the back gate," Bellamy shouted, "We need to get out of here."

I turned back to the street but she was gone. I looked down to the entrance of the warehouse to see something flashing.

Oh shit.

I grabbed Rick and we jumped off the gate as fire chased our ankles and the impact sent us crashing into the ground. White noise. Blood dripping from my head. My vision blurred. Engines roared and gun fire sounded. Smoke pooled into the streets, fire heated the space around us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Notes: The first chapter from a person from TWD, there's more to come. And I'm not entirely sure how to write in Daryl's perspective and I'm kinda crappy at writing action scenes, but I hope you like it and thanks for reading.

Belladonna would be played by Kate McGrath