Circles

Annabelle's pov:

After Matharon's kiss I rushed out leaving him and my mother's words behind. So many thoughts were running through my mind. Why would I let him kiss me? What am I going to do about my mother!? I wasn't ready to fight her, not yet anyway. And I hadn't used my dark magic in months! Since the twins were born and Genevieve tried to kill them.

Dahlia's offer seemed like my only option! My magic was strong, very strong.., but not like hers. Not like my mother's. Dahlia would say that's because I refused to push myself to do what was innate . To kill as she does. I didn't want to be like her anymore, killing for power is something I gave up a long time ago. . .

There was only one way to stop her, but that would take... I would have to sacrifice my own self to destroy her! Only someone of the Willamina bloodline could kill her... And that person is me! I am the only one, I was in fact the only child she bore.

God why did she have to come back! Have to ruin everything all over again!? I had thought that we were over this, that she'd finally let me be happy after our agreement. Niklaus is going to kill me. Though, that may be the thing that saves my family after what I'm about to do. My gods...

"Please have mercy on me." I whispered into the cold fridget air. I soon found myself near my shop, my hands tucked securely between my pockets as I aimlessly wandered about the streets of New Orleans in deep thought, not focused at all at where I was going.

"You seem lost sister."

Of course. I should've known. Why wouldn't she bring her back? The little sister that was never my equal...

"Freya."

* * *
A loud slam of the front door alerted the hybrid from drifting off to sleep in Henrik's nursery. He immediately made his way to the stairs looking down to see who it was, of course assuming it was his wife.

"Annabelle." He spoke hushly after seeing her walking towards the kitchen without noticing him. She turned towards his voice, stopping in her tracks as she eyed him intensely.

"That's my name hybrid." He frowned hearing her call him by such a name, it wasn't like her. Her nicknames were usually cute or playful, this came off almost as... Insulting. "Where have you been? You don't call, you don't write-" Klaus stopped his trail down the stairs as the room erupted in laughter. Annabelle's laughter, she was giggling hysterically as she met him halfway up the stairs, and faced her husband.

"Ooh darling, you seem to have misunderstood that little marriage agreement, it's only a piece of paper. Let's not kid ourselves here. I come and go as I please." She laughed again bringing her hands together in excitement. "It's a new day hybrid! Time to start acting like it! Lighten up baby daddy." Klaus's eyebrows creased in confusion, feeling a spark of hurt as he analyzed his wife intensely, looking her in her eyes. They harbored a twinkle of darkness in them, something Klaus had never seen in Anna before.

"What's gotten into you, love? This isn't like you..."

"Me? Oh nothing darling, I'm fantastic! Why wouldn't I be?" She states with an innocent smile, but there was something behind it, a mischievous flicker in her eyes maybe, and Klaus could sense it. It was the same innocent smile he gave when his intentions were quite the opposite.

"You're not the woman I fell in love with, I've never seen you like this." He comments shaking his head. He was so lost, contemplating that maybe Eva had done something to her. Though that seemed implausible, Anna was more than capable to defend herself from a witch's magic. Klaus felt as though he was running in circles.