We Live and We Die

A/N: If you're wondering no I'm not dead, love. I've just had massive writer's block and very stressful days. But I hope you like this chapter and pwease comment what you think. I love you more than Elijah shirtless ;)

AHHHHHHH! Annabelle's screams filled the atmosphere. Klaus was carrying her to the car as she was on the phone with Elijah. Klaus was unable to use vampire speed with her because it would only cause more pain.

"Annabelle?" Elijah answered

"Eli, call the others my wat-Ahhhhh! Get here now!" She snapped hanging up the phone. She began to dial another number. "Where's Marcel?" Annabelle struggles to ask, her breathing hitched.

"He decided to leave early to pick up Devina." Annabelle groans in frustration. "Niklaus I won't...make it. Just...call doctor White and get her here!" Klaus lays Annabelle on a nearby table and rushes over to the nearest phone.

A few moments later the doctor answers the phone sleepily.

"Yes?"

"Doctor, it's Annabelle. She's gone into labor. How fast can you get here?" Klaus asked sternly. "I'll be there as soon as possible."~

Still the screams of Annabelle was the loudest thing you could hear. It had been only a few minutes now and Dr.White had managed to get Anna in the position to push. "Okay Mrs.Mikaelson I'm gonna need you to push in 1..2..3!"

On cue Annabelle started to push as hard as she could. Her energy was at the lowest it had ever been in her life. The air in the room was hot making Annabelle have a light coat of sweat develop over her body. She could feel the baby pressing against her.  "That's good Annabelle, I can see the head! Okay 1..2..3!"

Again Annabelle pushed with all she had. She gasped for air when she felt a relief. Then a cry was heard. It was the first baby, "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs.Mikaelson you have a beautiful baby girl." Dr.White said breathlessly.

Klaus immediately smiles after hearing the sound of his own baby girl. "She's beautiful." Anna comments weakly with a light smile, but it wasn't over. Just then another pain shot through the whole of her body. Dr.White wrapped the first baby in a cloth blanket and puts it in a basket. Then proceeding to work with the disheveled Annabelle again.

"Okay Mrs.Mikaelson this is the last time. I'm gonna need you to really push for me." White says sternly. She no longer sounded herself and it creeped Annabelle out, but she was in too much pain to worry about it. Until she felt a spark. She'd know that spark anywhere. "Nik! Witches. It's the witches they're-"

Annabelle's warning was cut off when she saw Klaus fly across the room, he was suddenly pinned to the wall. Annabelle turned to find Genevieve and the other witches chanting. She tricked her... Dr.White had tricked her!

"How dare you- AHHHH!" Annabelle screamed with another contraction. Dr.White watched as Anna suffered and smiled maliciously. "Oh it's nothing personal, but you see these babies can't be born." Dr.White began as she positioned herself in front of her.

"Your children will be the end of us. That kind of power is never suppose to exists!" She explains getting angrier by the second, but calms down when she's face to face with Anna, who was finding it difficult to contain her screams.

"Don't worry...they won't feel a thing." Annabelle refused to have the remaining baby, until Genevieve threatened to end the twins then and there. It was no use fighting, yet. Annabelle was minutes from blacking out, her powers were useless, no one was in the house, and Klaus was incapable of doing anything.

"Fine." Annabelle said weakly. Genevieve couldn't help but smile feeling satisfied and goes to walk away. "Genevieve?" Annabelle says helplessly, making the redheaded witch stop in her tracks. There was an actual tint of concern on her face when she saw how helpless Annabelle was. She felt guilty and sick for doing this, but it had to be done.

"Many years ago there was a chance we could've been... friends. I'm sure you actually had emotions in your younger years...and maybe on the inside you're less...bitter." Genevieve listens with mixed emotions. A part of her wished to end Annabelle, the baby, and her unborn child right now. And the other part, listened in disgust, but only because what Annabelle spoke was in fact the truth. All of it.

"But despite everything, when this is all over... I'm gonna rip out your intestines and strangle you with them. I give you my word." And although Annabelle's body was weak, you could clearly hear the venom and determination in every word she spoke. Genevieve acted as though she couldn't care less, but in reality she knew the day would come where Annabelle would be the reason for her demise.

"I'm sorry." She says sounding hollow. "No. But you will be, because my face...will surely be the last thing you ever see."

After much more screaming, from both Klaus and his fragile wife, Annabelle, their remaining child took it's first breath. A boy. "Please... Please let me hold me them." Annabelle pleaded weakly. Dr.White, if that really was her name, reluctantly handed Annabelle one baby at a time. Tears filled her eyes as she eyed such a previous creation.

She leaned in and whispered sweet words into the babies' ears and vowed to protect them no matter the cost. When she finally held her son she let the tears roll down her cheek. She was happy, but that moment was short lived when she felt a burning pain, in her heart.

Annabelle turned to find Genevieve holding the white oak stake in her grasp. She collapsed back onto the table, her body straining to stay conscious. Klaus' screams and cries were slowly dissipating as she slipped away and all there was left was black.~

"Anna?!"

Elijah and Rebekah sped through the door of the manor, but abruptly stopped when they witnessed the sight in front of them. Klaus was sitting on the table, slightly rocking back and forth, holding his wife's still body.

The siblings rushed to Klaus' side in disbelief. Rebekah shook her head, "no please, not again." She whispered with tears in her eyes. She couldn't handle the agonizing pain of losing her bestfriend and sister yet again.

Elijah looked upon the love of his life in despair, anger, and most of all emptiness as he caressed her cheek. He felt empty and numb, and yet he still felt the cool wetness of salted tears trickle down his cheek. "She's gone. I- I couldn't save her." Klaus states almost incoherently. It pained Elijah to see him this way.

"I couldn't save her!" Klaus repeats with more added anger. "Come, brother. She would never forgive us if we let them win." After a moment Klaus reluctantly let his wife go and the originals made their way towards the door.

"Hey!" A familiar voice yelled, making them all stop in their tracks. They all turned to find a pale faced, Annabelle standing no more than ten feet away.

"Anna?" Elijah breaths.

"No time for reunions, I'll explain later..."