Chapter 3: Low

(Vic's POV)

After the masquerade I go back to the dorm room with Kellin behind me. We drank very little because I don't drink a lot and Kellin doesn't drink.  I am so happy that Kellin and I slow danced together.

It means so much to me. I'm pretty sure that Kellin now knows that I have feelings for him. I hear a knock on the door and see Jaime standing there. "Hey Hime."

Jaime smiles. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah. Of course." I state.

"We've been invited to play on Warped Tour." He tells me.

"Are you serious?! Warped Tour?! That's a huge deal." I almost scream from excitement.

Jaime smirks. "We obviously have to talk to the others before we decide. But we should do it."

Kellin looks at us. "Go for it. Warped Tour is a huge deal and you should go."

"Jaime, the answer is yes. Just need to talk to my brother and Tony."

Jaime nods before leaving. I look at Kellin, who is laying down on his bed and staring at the ceiling.

"Kellin, are you alright?" I ask him worried that I did something wrong.

"I'm fine, just tired. Its been a very long day."

"Yes it has. Thanks for dancing with me even though you didn't really want to." I tell him.

"I enjoyed it. A lot more then you should know."

"I'm glad you did, Kells." I use the nickname that I know he doesn't like.

"Goodnight, Vic." He says before closing his eyes.

I watch him sleep for a while before I close my eyes myself and fall asleep. I sleep the whole night without waking up in the middle of the night.

                                                        ~The Next Morning.~

I hear the door opening and then closing. I get up and notice that Kellin isn't in his bed. Someone got an early start today. I hear him come back into the room. "Where did you go?" I ask him.

"To speak to a friend and class starts in ten minutes." He explains.

"Shit." I get dressed and run to the cafeteria after locking up our dorm room. I quickly eat before running to class.

"You're an idiot." My brother states, who is two years younger then me. He is not even in college yet so I have no clue why he's here. Probably to annoy me.

"I'm aware of that. I have class." I say to Mike before entering class and of course Oli has to be in the same class as me for music. I can't stand the sight of him but I'm here on a scholarship so I can't punch him.

I sit down in my seat and focus on the professor's lecture. But the fact that we got invited to play at warped tour keeps playing in my head. I stop paying attention to the lecture and start drawing. I draw Kellin's whole body.

After class I go to find him. I check our dorm room but he's not there. I have no clue where he could be. "If you're looking for Kellin he's talking to my roommate about something." I hear Oliver state.

"Tell me where exactly your dorm is." I say.

"So you can flirt with my ex? I don't think so." He smirks.

"Tell me!" I put up a fight.

"Fine." He tells me where the dorm is and I knock on the door.

Kellin opens it. "Vic...what?"

"You're in the middle of something." I state.

"I was about to go back to our dorm room. I needed to talk to someone." Kellin scratches his neck.

"Then let's go together." I state and we both leave to go back to the dorm.

"Vic, you need to stop trying to get with me, it won't happen."

"Kells..please."

"No. I just got out of a relationship and I am not ready for a new one."

"I don't want that. I want a friend. I have my band but I want a best friend." I state with a sigh.

"Vic, I can see it in your eyes that you love me."

I want to deny it but he's right. I am starting to fall in love. Anyone can see that and it has never been more obvious. "And if you're right?"

"Then I am. Vic, just talk to me. You are my best friend. And I mean every word of it." He states.

"Then let's just talk." I say.

We finally get to our dorm and we go inside. "Tell me some other stuff about you that I don't already know." I ask him.

"I love music. It's my passion, I write songs and sing even though I'm not very good at it. I only really listen to the rock sub genre. My parents got divorced when I was thirteen. My dad cheated on my mom and he hated me. That's why I use my middle name as for my last name. I come from a broken home and it makes me stronger every day. I am a proud to be who I am. And that's what all my music is about." He explains.

"I'm Mexican. I have a brother that is two years younger then me but acts like he's the oldest. My band has been together for three years now and we have two albums out already. And I've never had a real relationship." I explain.

"So you've never had a boyfriend, like ever? I met your brother and Jaime, and Tony, they're pretty awesome." He smiles.

"Not even a real kiss. Oli didn't count. We kissed but he didn't mean anything to me. But that's a different story."

"I already told you no. I can't do this, date you."

"I wasn't asking you to. I was just telling you about my life." I state the truth.

"Fine, I'm glad that we are talking to each other the way we should be." He smiles and gets onto his bed.

We spend hours talking and laughing about random things. I eventually have to go to my other classes so I get up and go to the rest of my classes.

When I get back I hear singing. It's Kellin. His voice is high pitched but lovely. He said that he isn't a good singer but he's an amazing one.

I open the door and go inside. Kellin stops singing and looks at me. "Uh.."

"Kells, you're an amazing singer." I  tell him the truth.

"But..."

"You are."

"Thanks it means a lot to me that you say that." Kellin smiles.

"You're welcome." I smile and lay on my bed.

"You're my best friend."

"Same here." 

I eventually fall asleep.