A new beginning

"Considering the fact you ignored my last text and how I thought for a couple days that I've done something wrong," He spoke. All I could do was smile, wide enough. "Then I just thought that maybe you had troubles with your family, so I didn't insist on sending you another one. But here I am, and I got you flowers," He handed me the flowers he had hidden behind him. "I don't know if these are you favorites ones but I know my mom likes them." They were daisies. 

"Harry, thank you so much. I never expected to see you here and I'm sorry about not replying, I-"

"We can talk about that later. On a date?" His eyes were shining so bright, I couldn't keep my focus.

"A friendly date, yeah, sure." I smiled and then pressed my lips together. My dad cleared his throat and we suddenly unlocked our stare. Harry smiled at him.

"Sorry about that Mr. Swift, I was a bit distracted. How was the flight?" He asked my dad, with his million dollar smile. 

"It was good, I'm tired though."

"Oh right, James," Harry said. "Please take these to the car. We'll drop them off at their hotel." He ordered. James, the tall guy with big brown eyes and dark hair nodded and took the suitcases with him.

"That's very nice of you." I spoke and he responded with a warm smile across his lips. 

"Anything for you." He said as we walked to the car, my dad on one side and Harry on the other. I was expecting a sea of paparazzi at the entrance, but to my surprise, there were none. We got inside and as we waited for James to finish putting our suitcases on the car's trunk I took out my phone. 

'He's being extra nice with me and he mentioned something about a date...' I texted Selena as fast as I could.

'OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO INTO YOU. I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!' In a matter of seconds I received her reply. James started the car and he was driving us away from the airport and to the hotel. I took a deep breath before replying to her text.

'Yeah, okay, I'm still trying to figure that out. I perform for them tomorrow. Say hi to the girls for me, I'll keep you posted :)!' I put my phone away and stared at him. He glanced at me and smiled, I did too. After a few minutes of driving around we finally got to the hotel. 

"This is it, right?" Harry asked and my dad nodded. I opened the door and my dad did too. I got out and Harry followed me. He shut the door and we stood there glancing at each other. "Did you really the flowers?" He asked. I smiled.

"Of course I did. It was very sweet of you." 

"So, uh," He cleared his throat. "Would you like to go to the café down the street? I've heard it's good." He sounded nervous, but I was even more. I couldn't even process the moment happening right now.

"Taylor! Our rooms are ready!" My dad yelled, interrupting the situation between Harry and I. 

"Okay, I'll be there," I pressed my lips together. "Okay, right now?" He smiled.

"Get everything set and I'll wait for you down here in the lobby. James can takes us."

"Okay, I won't take too long," I ran with my flowers toward the hotel. I noticed my dad was waiting for me near the elevator. The hotel lobby is very well decorated. The colors are beige and white and I noticed there's a plant placed in every possible place you can locate one. So far, the hotel had a certain home-y vibe and I liked it. "Hey dad," I said when I finally reached him. "Uh, Harry invited me for some coffee. Can I go?"

"Sure, just stay safe," He kissed my cheek goodbye. "Oh I almost forgot. This is your room key. I'm trusting you Taylor, please come back as soon as that coffee ends. I trust you, but I don't trust him completely. He's a band guy and well you know, just have safe fun. Say thank you from me for the ride." I nodded.

"Dad, it's a friendly coffee. I guess. Uh," I chuckled. "I'm staying out of trouble, I promise." I kiss his cheek goodbye and ran back to the car, still with flowers in hand. I didn't want to let go of them.

"Ready?" Harry asked, opening the car door for me. I nodded. He entered as soon as I did. "James, please take us down to the café down the street."

"Sir, can I give you some advice?" Harry chuckled. "If you're taking her to a date, you're going to want to go somewhere nicer."

"You're right James, I-"

"Oh no no, it's okay. I love coffee." I interrupted.

"You know this city better than I do. Surprise me." He ordered and James just nodded.

"Coffee is fine Harry. I mean it's a friendly date, you don't have to impress me."

"I want to. Seriously, I mean, that's what are friends are for. Right?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sure," I pressed my lips together. "Just nowhere fancy James, cause I'm a mess right now." 

"I think you look just fine." Harry spoke. My eyes met with his and I swear I was dying to kiss him, but my dad was right. He's a superstar and I'm just his fan who pretends not to be a die hard fan. 

"Thank you for the ride to the hotel, my dad really appreciated that."

"Hey, James and I are here if you guys need anything. When are you leaving?" 

"Well, I'm just here for the performance and then I'm leaving. My dad has to work, so it's kind of hard for me to stay here longer." I cleared my throat. 

"Yeah, I think we can work something out after the performance. What do you think?"

"Like this right now?" He nodded. "Yeah, I think it's okay. Sounds lovely."

"Actually, there's a reason why I gave you daisies." I took a glance at the flowers and then at him.

"They're not my mother's favorite flowers, but they to have a nice meaning," He smiled at his hands, as if he was trying to find the words to say. "It means a new beginning and I think you're about to have yours. In every way possible."

"You think so?"

"I do, I really do." He said.